Geomate Jr. question for Warren.. or anyone who can answer

WVTombRaiders

There is an old 2005 geocache (GCNRB1) placed in my town but it's not showing up on my Geomate Jr. The date on my Geomate is 6/26/09... so, shouldn't old geocaches like this one be on here? Could it be because the owner posted in September that he moved the cache? Are the new coordinates the ones that would register now, and that's why it's not showing up, because it was after my Geomate was "born"? Will an update cord fix this (I just ordered one from Amazon yesterday)??

Another question about this... I have quite a few caches around here that were placed before 6/26/09 (months before) that aren't showing up either... thought those should be on it since they're from Dec 2008 through May 2009???

WVTombRaiders

(Mother/daughter team)

There is an old 2005 geocache (GCNRB1) placed in my town but it's not showing up on my Geomate Jr. The date on my Geomate is 6/26/09... so, shouldn't old geocaches like this one be on here? Could it be because the owner posted in September that he moved the cache? Are the new coordinates the ones that would register now, and that's why it's not showing up, because it was after my Geomate was "born"? Will an update cord fix this (I just ordered one from Amazon yesterday)??

Another question about this... I have quite a few caches around here that were placed before 6/26/09 (months before) that aren't showing up either... thought those should be on it since they're from Dec 2008 through May 2009???

WVTombRaiders

(Mother/daughter team)

This cache has a 4 star difficulty rating. The geomate.jrs come preprogramed for 3 star or less ratings. When you get your update kit, you will be able to update to 4 star difficulty caches.

Edited by Colonial Cats

WVTombRaiders

(Mother/daughter team)

This cache has a 4 star difficulty rating. The geomate.jrs come preprogramed for 3 star or less ratings. When you get your update kit, you will be able to update to 4 star difficulty caches.

Oh ok.. that's what it is... I was thinking it came with 4 star and would upgrade to 5 star... that's good... update cord will be here soon :D

Got update cord today.... everything went smoothly.... the old cache I was looking for showed up after the update... but there is still one that should be showing up but it's not... GC17JQX... it's only 3 miles from my house (which is where I was when I turned on the geomate) but it's not showing up still... it's low difficulty/terrain and it's a traditional cache.. nothing special... the one right down the street, which is 3.6 miles from here, is showing up fine... it's actually showing up as the closest one to me, but the other one should be the closest... Just can't figure out why it's not showing up??? Anyone??? Warren.. could this be a glitch???

WVTombRaiders

WVTombRaiders

(Mother/daughter team)

Oh ok.. that's what it is... I was thinking it came with 4 star and would upgrade to 5 star... that's good... update cord will be here soon :D

Got update cord today.... everything went smoothly.... the old cache I was looking for showed up after the update... but there is still one that should be showing up but it's not... GC17JQX... it's only 3 miles from my house (which is where I was when I turned on the geomate) but it's not showing up still... it's low difficulty/terrain and it's a traditional cache.. nothing special... the one right down the street, which is 3.6 miles from here, is showing up fine... it's actually showing up as the closest one to me, but the other one should be the closest... Just can't figure out why it's not showing up??? Anyone??? Warren.. could this be a glitch???

WVTombRaiders

G'day WVTombRaiders

Looks like this cache is a micro with a difficulty 1.5. In our effort to 'tune' the factory default filtering, we only include micro's with a difficulty of 1. So I'm thinking you did a straight one click update (which reads the type of list you currently have and then gives you the latest version of that list - in this case the factory default). Now, if you go ahead and do choose the 'select a list' option and then select either east or west US, you'll get everything up to a difficulty 4.

The cool thing is, once you select East or West US, the next time you do a One Click Update, it will give you the latest East or West US list.

Let me know if this works out for you!

Cheers

Warren