Fake geocoins on ebay, what exactly do you call them?

Renegade Knight

I've been sitting on some wonderful oversized washers with a gold hue that has a rainbow effect. These redneck coins are pretty without doing anything but as any good redneck would paint over the beauty none of that matters. I've been wondering what to call the next batch. They will be oversized, with a base of red and a overcoat of black. In a camo pattern. I can't describe the pattern other than to say if you take the stuffing out of swamp cooler it's perfect for the job of making the camo.

Long story short my muse thinks it would be funny to name this next batch some catchy phrase inspired by the thread that lambasts coins like mine. My muse though didn't give me a publicly repeatable name. Eartha would edit the name. FSM would chuckle then edit.

So, send me an email today with your guess as to what the name of my next edition is. I won't be held responsible if you are picked up by my spam filter, but for those emails that do get through, the person who guess is closest, or if you are all just plain wrong, the one I like the best (and may steal if it's better than my own name) wins one of this edition. Winner will be announced Sunday so you have until Sat to post a guess. ONE Guess per person. Tie goes to the first.

As always it will be coming out in the fullness of time give or take a couple of months but spring (it's hard to paint in the winter) would be a fair guess.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I might chuckle, you don't know! But in here, I'm all business. :D

And now I know what a swamp cooler is, how to clean one, where to get one, and I know I don't need one. ... Thanks, now I'm late.....I was lost in the swamp cooler google world for a bit too long.

I'm sending you a PM with my suggestion.

<edit to add: Disclaimer: I am not entering the cointest>

Edited by Eartha

Oh.. I didn't quite understood.... how they will look like that what this swamp cooler has to do with the washers.....

I feel like I am from an other country..... HEY, WAIT!!! I am from an other country!!!! :D

Well.. I have to read th post and understand how the washer will look like so I can make a try... :laughing:

Oh.. I didn't quite understood.... how they will look like that what this swamp cooler has to do with the washers.....

I feel like I am from an other country..... HEY, WAIT!!! I am from an other country!!!! :D

Well.. I have to read th post and understand how the washer will look like so I can make a try... :laughing:

The name is based on the other thread. The hint is the title of this thread. How I do the camo pattern won't have anything to do with the name. That's just how I make them at present. This versions colors are Red and Black. Sorry for the confusion on the name having something to do with the "process".

I feel like I am from an other country..... HEY, WAIT!!! I am from an other country!!!! :ph34r:

OK, you may be from another country...but you're as funny as ever...everyone is looking and wondering what I'm laughung at!! Thanks for the chuckle.

I feel like I am from an other country..... HEY, WAIT!!! I am from an other country!!!! :ph34r:

The name is based on the other thread. The hint is the title of this thread. How I do the camo pattern won't have anything to do with the name. That's just how I make them at present. This versions colors are Red and Black. Sorry for the confusion on the name having something to do with the "process".

Don't worry about confusing him...He's Greek.

Well.. I have to read th post and understand how the washer will look like so I can make a try... :anibad:

Don't worry about confusing him...He's Greek.

:D Yes! I am Greek, so this looked Chinese to me.....

If it looked Greek... I would had understand it for sure!!! :laughing:

Hmm.... I will search and sent you my guess when I will be back from my volleyball training! :laughing:

My appologies. Colors are Green and Black. Not Red and Black. That will be a future edition. I used up all my red.

Green & black???? Not Red & black??? Oh!!!! :D they will look now like geocoins!!! :D:D

Just kiding my friend!!! No need to appologise my friend! they will be lovely with these colors too! :)

I hope you got my email too!!! ;)

The final results are in. Most folks were distracted by an outhouse angle. Two took a hint from the title of this cointest. "What do you call a fake geocoin" and got part of the name right. Fake. By the rules the earliest time wins and LoriDarlin got her guess in a day sooner.

Maybe this wasn't so obvious to everone but Freaking Fake is close and Truckin rhymes with the actual first work. That's the officla name of this version. All in honor of the annoyed guy who hates them.

I got the garage cleaned out and the top back on the jimmy, and dug up my coin making gear in the process. If the weather holds I may get them done. The weatherman says rain though.