2009 Pay It Forward Coins

pay_it_forward

Sorry for not being back on here in sometime I have gotten very busy since my original post and since the donations stopped after about 15 people I figured people where no longer disinterested.

Now I see that I should have been back to make sure that everyone was receiving their coins and all was good.

Status, all the coins ships the week the Cancer foundation received your donations. I will be contacting each donor directly over the next two days to see if they have received their coins. If they have not I will re-ship them on Monday Dec 7th.

If you have donated to the ride and do not receive and email from me please feel free to contact me @ bish0p@powercaching.com

Sorry for any hard feelings my absence might have caused, and thanks to the person who emailed me directly to let me know there was a problem with teh coins and in the forums.

James

Did anyone receive an e-mail?

Got the email,

Now to get the coins

Sorry for not being back on here in sometime I have gotten very busy since my original post and since the donations stopped after about 15 people I figured people where no longer disinterested.

Now I see that I should have been back to make sure that everyone was receiving their coins and all was good.

Status, all the coins ships the week the Cancer foundation received your donations. I will be contacting each donor directly over the next two days to see if they have received their coins. If they have not I will re-ship them on Monday Dec 7th.

If you have donated to the ride and do not receive and email from me please feel free to contact me @ bish0p@powercaching.com

Sorry for any hard feelings my absence might have caused, and thanks to the person who emailed me directly to let me know there was a problem with teh coins and in the forums.

James

Did anyone receive an e-mail?

I haven't .....

Wow, I just gotta say that I'm really disappointed...there are starting to be so many times that these forums are used in a way that people end up getting burned. If this keeps up, we might even get to the point that GS has to cancel our privilege to advertise coins here. Are we going to have to go to a model of coins only being advertised on the sites that sell them?? That's just going to hurt everyone, on all three ends. I wish people would get it together.

I received an e-mail on December 2, saying that the coins would be shipped out on the 7th, and that I'd receive a confirmation e-mail when they shipped. I have yet to receive that confirmation e-mail; needless to say, I haven't received any coins either.

I'm sure there are a bunch of us in the same boat. The worst part is I would probably have made a donation (although a smaller one) anyway if asked. Now I feel like I've been cheated. Thank goodness the money went directly to the charity or I would really be pi**ed.

Edit to clean up wording a bit.

Edited by TeamEccs21

I received an e-mail on December 2, saying that the coins would be shipped out on the 7th, and that I'd receive a confirmation e-mail when they shipped. I have yet to receive that confirmation e-mail; needless to say, I haven't received any coins either.

I'm sure there are a bunch of us in the same boat. The worst part is I would probably have made a donation (although a smaller one) anyway if asked. Now I feel like I've been cheated. Thank goodness the money went directly to the charity or I would really be pi**ed.

Edit to clean up wording a bit.

Ditto....

I emailed as requested both through the GC account and the account posted in their last note - bish0p@powercaching.com. Nothing.

Grrrrr. :D

If people would please follow through! Last time the question was raised in this thread, I sent an email to the OP, and they replied. I will send one tomorrow, if no reply comes through tonight, but I shouldn't really even be getting involved in any transactions, at all.

It especially saddens me when it was for a good cause, and is not followed through to completion. If someone were just failing to follow through on a gifted coin, that's one thing, not a good thing, but nobody really loses anything, they just don't get something they didn't have to begin with. But to ask people to donate in order to receive a geocoin in exchange, and then not follow through, well this is exactly what will have us go back to having the No Charity Auctions at all rule. They were not allowed in the early days, and I'd hate to deprive the good citizens of Geocoinville the opportunity to do good deeds, and feel good about doing it. This kind of thing tears you up inside, one wants to feel good about helping, not ripped off.

So, I will check back here tomorrow, and send another message to the OP, if need be.

Sorry for my post... I am not expecting a coin... I didn't give a donation (no money...), and I do not know the OP! ....but there is a possiblility that the coins are delayed....

Christmass are comming so post offices have too much work with christmas cards etc, so everything has a delay! Except that... some letters are probably hold from the customs to be checked! I had a couple of letters from Canada with coins that were in time, but I had one that arrived here after 2 months!!!! I thought that the coin was lost and my good friend geocacher said to send me another one and I just said to wait... after 2 whole months.... I got the coin! So.... is there a possibility....???

I completely understand how you feel! Be sure about that! Unfortunatelly sometimes things happen in the way so...

I really hope you will get your coins before Christmas so you will all have a great time!!! Who knows... Santa is watching!!!! :)

Christmass are comming so post offices have too much work with christmas cards etc, so everything has a delay! Except that... some letters are probably hold from the customs to be checked! I had a couple of letters from Canada with coins that were in time, but I had one that arrived here after 2 months!!!! I thought that the coin was lost and my good friend geocacher said to send me another one and I just said to wait... after 2 whole months.... I got the coin! So.... is there a possibility....???

I am taking Christmas into consideration. The OP said that he would send me an e-mail when the geocoins were in the mail. I have NOT received an e-mail, which means the coins haven't been shipped. I understand that the coins might be held up at the post office, but that e-mail confirmation that he promised me isn't.

Nikos, that's nice of you to try to think positive and give the OP the benefit of the doubt but the coins were allegedly sent out October 7th, a bit early for the Christmas slowdown, and as yet no one has come forward to say they received one. No Pay it Forward here!!

Nikos, that's nice of you to try to think positive and give the OP the benefit of the doubt but the coins were allegedly sent out October 7th, a bit early for the Christmas slowdown, and as yet no one has come forward to say they received one. No Pay it Forward here!!

October 7th??? :) and none receive one? Oups!

Well... I am always trying to think possitive.. :)

Has anyone tried going through pay_it_forward's website to contact them? If the OP is the author on the website, you might be able to get through that way. The website can be reached through their profile page.

Edit to add: There is also an address on the profile page you can write to.

Edited by Eartha

Has anyone tried going through pay_it_forward's website to contact them? If the OP is the author on the website, you might be able to get through that way. The website can be reached through their profile page.

Edit to add: There is also an address on the profile page you can write to.

e-mail to PIF sent!

Eartha:

I tried contacting him through the GS e-mail, through his Geocaching profile e-mail link, and bish0p@powercaching.com, all three at least twice. I can find no other e-mail addresses linked to his site for him. I guess I won't be getting any coins. With any luck, he won't show his face on the board and scam any more people.

I know the money went to a good cause, and I would have donated without the promise of geocoins, but the fact is that he made a promise that he didn't/couldn't keep. That makes me sad.

Folks,

I know this cacher and have checked his "real" geocaching profile - he's logged on as early as Dec 29, 2009.

I know that things look bad, date/coin wise but he is an honest man and I know that he is not cheating anyone. Something must be wrong at home/etc.. I'll send him an e-mail and direct him to this thread.

Have faith everyone.

I would have posted this sooner, but I had a few stops to make before I made it home....

I got a phone call from PIF and the coins will be shipped out tomorrow. There was some sort of mix-up and the fulfillment center didn't have my address (but they had my phone number?), so now that I've received a personal phone call, I feel a lot better.

I am sending out new coins to people who still have not gotten their coins, tomorrow can you please confirm you received your coins?

Thanks

James

I got the above email yesterday. I haven't received any coins as of yet. This may be "Pollyanna-ish" of me, but I just can't believe we would be ripped off with Pay It Forward Coins! :blink:

I have been away for a few days and am just returning today. I found my PIF coins in my mailbox, so they came sometime between Jan. 15th-Jan. 18th. It took a while and I am happy they are here. Thanks so much on the follow through and for getting the coins to me. I hope to use them to PIF to others.

I have contacted the two people here that have not said their coins have arrived. So that everything can be sorted out.

I know most people don't care but here is an explanation as to what happened.

Shortly after posting the message here about how to get the 2009 coins I got slammed with work, and if you check my caching profile will see that I have even been too busy to cache (1 cache in 5 months is unusual for me :D ) so I contracted a third part fulfillment center to track and ship coins to people who donated for coins.

I got an email from someone who knows me from one of my caching road trips through the US in December and posted here, and emailed everyone who had made a donation at that time. I requested that the Fulfillment center reships coins to everyone.

In Jan I got an email from someone I have been trading with over many years saying the coins had arrived still, so I fired the fulfillment center, and once again sent emails to everyone who had donated. That same day I shipped out all of the coins along with a free 2010 PIF coin for all of the trouble.

The email addresses I have been contacting are the email addresses submitted to the Ride to Conquer Cancer website when a donation was made. If you have not received an email or coins but do have an email receipt from the "Ride to Conquer Cancer" folks please forward it to me @ james.conner@gmail.com so it can be tracked down.

I am still very busy, but will make sure that the people who have donated will get their coins, even if it means heading to the US to ship them.

L&L

James