2009 Pay It Forward Coins

pay_it_forward

Once again it is time to start sending out the 2009 Pay It Forward Geocoins (and a few of the 2008 coins that never got grabbed up.)

In the past I have always sent these coins out via a nomination process to people that have given back to either their community. This year however I am changing that up.

This year there are:

200 Silver 2009 Pay It Forward coins available. ($10 CDN donation/coin)

34 LE Gold 2009 Pay It Forward coins available. ($15 CDN donation/coin)

60 Silver 2008 Pay It Forward coins available. ($10 CDN donation/coin)

All coins are trackable on geocaching.com

This year to receive coins I am looking for a donation to the Ride to Conquer Cancer: http://bit.ly/6QRdU

Please include your name, address and which coins you would like in the personal message section of the donation page. All coins will be shipped each Friday, and as with past years I will cover all shipping costs.

L&L

PIF

Tthe Generosity of cacher's is always amazing me. The first round of coins that people have requested will be shipped out tomorrow morning, you will receive and email from me once they are shipped.

Just another note, there will be 5 sets of the LE gold PIF coins created in Jan 2010. They will be framed containing all four 2007-2009 LE Gold trackable coins along with one of the factory samples, which of course will not be trackable. Anyone who donates http://bit.ly/6QRdU for the 2008/2009 coins will be entered into the draw for one of the framed sets.

L&L

PIF

Oh good .... misery loves company. I thought I was alone in having donated but maybe failed to follow directions as no coins have arrived yet. It's not uncommon for packets from Canada taking longer than usual but I can't help but feel a little anxious. Is it wrong to donate to a cause but expect something in return???

nothing here either, but I did send the following message to PIF

it is time for you to respond to the messages on the geocoin forum concerning your fund raising...this is a fine organization to contribute to, but the forum folk, including myself, are awaiting an update on your fundraising coins.

drneal

ILYK

I'd like to weigh in on this thread also. I've been patient enough.

I also hope that everything is ok and nothing tragic has happened.

Let me preface by saying that while I did donate money for a cause I felt worthy, I requested that I not be sent any coins as I didn't need any and only wanted to be supportive. So I'm not waiting on them to arrive in the mail.

Having said the above, I find the way this thread is turning out to be a huge disappoinment especially considering the intent behind the coins.

The only reason I'm piping up is ONLY because the OP stated that the coins were already mailed out (or at least the first batch) and that's according to post #10. It appears that this statement is false and that at least 1 batch of coins was not really mailed.

This is just one more situation that turns people off to geocoins, money is given and items are not received. I'm really tired of seeing this behavior.

If you're going to raise money for such a worthy cause than please be a worthy representative for that cause.

If coins haven't been sent, please don't post that they have been sent.

I just find this whole thing sad but like I said before, I hope that nothing bad has happened and my post regarding the mailing of coins is directed at post #10 where people were told coins were already mailed. This is the part that disturbs me.

I have not contacted the seller, I do know the real caching name behind the PIF and I can say that they last logged in on October 26th, well past post #10's date, so they have been active. With a little bit of research you can easily find the real caching name behind PIF and maybe you could reach them through that profile.

I'd personally like to see an update on this thread too but most importantly I'd like to see your goal met for fundraising because I'd like to see cancer conquered in my lifetime but you're going to have to show some good-faith here by showing up to your own thread and keeping your promise.

tsun

Thanks Eartha. I half forgot about this myself until recently, and was thinking I should send PIF an e-mail, since I hadn't seen my coins yet. As long as they weren't lost in the mail, I'm okay with waiting. :( Considering his past generosity and the fact that the money sent is for charity, it's nice to see everyone is being patient.

An unhappy bump!

My father died with cancer, and like others who posted above, felt this was a good group to donate to, although I genrally dontate to the local chapter. This offer of an incentive, notification of dispersal of the incentives (has anyone received a coin?), lack of response to e-mails, has left a bad taste in my mouth. I was hoping to see a response following the holiday here in the US (actually that was probably kind of dumb,) but that apparently did not happened.

Is anyone aware of what happened to pay-it-forward?

An unhappy bump!

Is anyone aware of what happened to pay-it-forward?

Tsun mentioned seeing them logon under their more active caching name but nothing substantive about their wellbeing or state of mind.

And that's the last time they logged on. Nothing since. I'm trying to find one of their caching buddies, to ask them. Last time they were through Atlanta I tried to catch up to them. Now to just find the caches they did, and I'll see who I can email.

TMA

Sorry for not being back on here in sometime I have gotten very busy since my original post and since the donations stopped after about 15 people I figured people where no longer disinterested.

Now I see that I should have been back to make sure that everyone was receiving their coins and all was good.

Status, all the coins ships the week the Cancer foundation received your donations. I will be contacting each donor directly over the next two days to see if they have received their coins. If they have not I will re-ship them on Monday Dec 7th.

If you have donated to the ride and do not receive and email from me please feel free to contact me @ bish0p@powercaching.com

Sorry for any hard feelings my absence might have caused, and thanks to the person who emailed me directly to let me know there was a problem with teh coins and in the forums.

James

Sorry for not being back on here in sometime I have gotten very busy since my original post and since the donations stopped after about 15 people I figured people where no longer disinterested.

Now I see that I should have been back to make sure that everyone was receiving their coins and all was good.

Status, all the coins ships the week the Cancer foundation received your donations. I will be contacting each donor directly over the next two days to see if they have received their coins. If they have not I will re-ship them on Monday Dec 7th.

If you have donated to the ride and do not receive and email from me please feel free to contact me @ bish0p@powercaching.com

Sorry for any hard feelings my absence might have caused, and thanks to the person who emailed me directly to let me know there was a problem with teh coins and in the forums.

James

Did anyone receive an e-mail?

James

Did anyone receive an e-mail?

Sure did. Right after his post.