Most Popular Cache

BigCarbonFootprint

There is probably a macro for that in GSAK. Check their forums.

I doubt that the most logged cache in a zip code is going to be on many favorites lists. More likely it will be an easy to get to park-n-grab. Try looking for caches with the longest average logs. You are more likely to find the best caches that way than by number of logs.

:D Is anyone aware of means to search for or macro to determine the most popular or found cache in an area over a determined period of time. e.g. what is the most found cache in zip code 75243 for the month of August 2009. Perhaps a tricky macro is available to be run from a PQ dl in an area.

Thanks for some feedback. :laughing:

I'm not a big GSAK guy, but I agree with Gof, check that out. I think you've also identified a bug in the system, a zip search of 75243 returns caches somewhere in Sweden for me. But the USPS website tells me it's a Dallas zip code. Also agree with Gof, I'm sure the most found cache for that or any particular month in an urban area in the U.S. is going to be a park-n-grab micro.

I'm not sure if it's related, but there was a problem being discussed in the iPhone section where users would enter their zip code into the app, and the returned results would be for another location. Atlanta, GA users were getting results for Easter Island, and UK users were getting results 800 miles away.

As of this morning, people in that thread are saying that the problem appears to be fixed.

this bookmark list by addisonbr may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's pretty cool! I have no idea how he did it. He also has a shared, but not public, list of "best" caches. I just happened to stumble on this because I just found this cache in Central Park, which is apparently the most found cache in New York. It also happens to be a great cache, an excellent homemade container that fits a nicely chosen spot perfectly.