Transfer Finds to New Account?

PlateauBoy

I started caching a few months ago when I got an iPhone. Not really thinking, I created an account with the name PlateauBoy but my daughters, who are addicted to caching now, feel somewhat under-represented by the name PlateauBoy.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to change an account name (this makes sense, so this is not a complaint). So I created a new account with a more inclusive name which we'll use going forward. Now I'm just wondering if there's a way to transfer finds from my old account to the new one.

I suspect not but I thought I'd ask. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

I started caching a few months ago when I got an iPhone. Not really thinking, I created an account with the name PlateauBoy but my daughters, who are addicted to caching now, feel somewhat under-represented by the name PlateauBoy.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to change an account name (this makes sense, so this is not a complaint). So I created a new account with a more inclusive name which we'll use going forward. Now I'm just wondering if there's a way to transfer finds from my old account to the new one.

I suspect not but I thought I'd ask. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

With 17 finds listed, it won't take too long to log those finds under the new name and delete the finds under this name. You might mention in your log what you are doing so the cache owner doesn't think something funny is going on with post dated logs.

Groundspeak has changed the name on accounts sometimes, but then the new name has to be free. It's been discussed many times before.

But if you already have registered the new name, then it's probably easier as WeightMan say. If it's only 17 finds.

If you decide to re-log the finds (as suggested), make sure to back-date them -- that is, enter the date you actually made the finds, not the date you re-logged. Putting in an incorrect date can be misleading, especially if the caches are suspected of having gone missing since you found them. One cacher I've crossed paths with relogged several hundred finds, all with new dates, and some of them are quite confusing.

Edward

17 finds... Oii.. I understand though. My wife and I had this account since we started caching(i found the first one, she found most with after that...) We SPLIT our finds up this last year... It took us 2 Weeks to read logs and determine if she was with me on this day or that... and even then, there were a few that I'm sure she was there, but didn't log them... I was just over 2000 finds at the time...

The Steaks