homemade coins only

modernman

it keeps me busy all day! Pictures are hard to come by - I am shamelessly plundering ebay for pictures.

All help appreciated on the wikis ( and these ones are backed up and archived once a month )

PS eartha you might want to update your links - trackablegeocoins.wetpaint.com

PPS i can't seem to work out how to search the tags from the homepages but once i go to a properly tagged coin i can click on the handmade tag and bring up all the similarly tagged items

http://untrackablegeocoins.wetpaint.com/tag/handmade

Edited by forthferalz

I grabbed Team Fisur's link from their website, and the wiki link from another thread from yesterday, so I thought that was up to date, and then I grabbed the collector link from the wiki link. I don't keep a list stored anywhere. It was just handy because someone recently posted it, and I happened to see it and know where it was. Thanks for clarifying that.

ok i worked out how to make the tags easy to search on the wiki by adding them all to the home page. now you can just click on the tag 'handmade' ( or any of the others ) at the bottomish to bring up a list of every page (2!) that are similarly tagged.

Eartha - put the links somewhere in the pinned thread FAQ?

I suppose that raises another question regarding handmade items - safety. Especially if you are leaving them in a cache they should probably try to comply with some sort of standards. For things which are to be handled by unsuspecting folk or risk become embeded in the natural environment I would suggest you do not use lead.

I suppose that raises another question regarding handmade items - safety. Especially if you are leaving them in a cache they should probably try to comply with some sort of standards. For things which are to be handled by unsuspecting folk or risk become embeded in the natural environment I would suggest you do not use lead.

There is always the concern - if you read the original thread on the coin there is info I've posted about the process they are smelted, shaped, stamped and then coated/sealed before being sent out. The outside acrylic and epoxy coating ones I would expect to have as much contamination as the china manufactured coloring in mass produced coins :laughing:

As for the natural environments remember that pretty much every fisherman with a weight on their line is soaking a little lead pellet in what is probably an acidic environment (polluted rain), but it's not an envirnmental concern. A lead coin in a tupperware container is even less so. Just for perspective :blink:

I myself tried the soldering metal too, but found it too soft (like hammering mashed potatoes). Is this a different type you are referring too?

Edited by scavok

Hey Geocacher

We have homemade our own GeoCoin, for use in exciting and challenging caches, or

as a gift at events ... They are not traceble !

Now I want to ask if there are others who have made their own coins, who migt be interested in swapping / exchanging coins whit us ? to create a unique collection of homemade Geocoins ???

The best geo greetings TEAM FeOl

fenger-olesen.dk/geocoins.html

Hey Geocacher

We have homemade our own GeoCoin, for use in exciting and challenging caches, or

as a gift at events ... They are not traceble !

Now I want to ask if there are others who have made their own coins, who migt be interested in swapping / exchanging coins whit us ? to create a unique collection of homemade Geocoins ???

The best geo greetings TEAM FeOl

fenger-olesen.dk/geocoins.html

All non-trackable geocoin trading takes place in the pinned trading thread at the top of the geocoin forums. And only there.