ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE

wadjed

It seems that there has been a complainer about old log entries being archived at this cache any comments?

No But I can see if they must get a lot of cachers claiming they found it because so many visit it and it gets muggled so many times that they can't prove that they actually found it except with photos. What I am more curious about is on what is going on someone burying a cache at the site and logging it at as find. I've seen lots of cachers who can't find a cache and then putting there own out and logging them But to do this to the original is not right. Even though I was not excited to see a lock and lock. Kinda a let down though I understand that the cache had been replaced and moved way to many times. Sad to see that happen to a historical site.

Edited by jellis50

Here is another side of this story, and I am not alone. On Saturday, my find log for the cache from 2006 was deleted. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...ab-a7c508b86d4d

I emailed Team 360 to ask why my found log was deleted but did not receive a response. I asked some other local cachers if anyone else had their logs deleted and sure enough they had. At that point one or more of the other cachers contacted Groundspeak to have these found logs reinstated. It appears that some cachers also posted notes as cache logs complaining about it. I also emailed Groundspeak to let them know my log had been deleted but nothing more. They said they were looking into it and I will let them do so.

I can tell you that at the time I logged my find, I was part of a group of people maintaining this cache. About 2 years ago, Team 360 asked us to give the cache back to him as he was unhappy with how we were or were not maintaining the cache. Since it was his cache to begin with, we returned it to him.

It seems that there has been a complainer about old log entries being archived at this cache any comments?

Is it wrong to complain about your logs being deleted without any explanation?

There's nothing wrong with one letting the owner know of their side of the story, just do so in a civil way and via email or PM, don't do it on the cache page or the forums, it's between you and the owner only, but the owner has final say, even if you still disagree there is nothing more you can do but just move on to the next cache.

Wow,

It seems that there is a variance of opinions on this subject it seems to me that just like everything else in the world there will probably never be a solution to this problem. It is , however, hard for me to believe that this is due to racism but I am just one person and just one opinion.

Happy Caching to all.

I suspect it it may have something to do with TEAM360's anti-Latino geocoin that offended a lot of us here in Oregon(he is from AZ).

Which geocoin was that? I went to TEAM360's profile and did not see one that resembled anti latino. am i missing something?

The persons who submitted a complaint to Groundspeak about their find logs being deleted are following the correct course of action. They contacted the cache owner first and when they received no reply from him a few re-logged their finds. When those were also deleted they sent Groundspeak an email with the details.

All of this was done in private via emails without involving the forums.

The persons who submitted a complaint to Groundspeak about their find logs being deleted are following the correct course of action. They contacted the cache owner first and when they received no reply from him a few re-logged their finds. When those were also deleted they sent Groundspeak an email with the details.

All of this was done in private via emails without involving the forums.

It may not have invoved the forums but I did however see some post's on the cache page regarding the issue.

. It is , however, hard for me to believe that this is due to racism but I am just one person and just one opinion.
I hope you are right. I am sorry I brought it up. No one said TEAM360 was racist, but the discussion was very very heated on both sides and I can see him being angry enough to delete logs.