Favorite Geocoin from SLC?

Zelanzy

If you could pick just one favorite coin (commercial or personal) from geocoinfest, what would it be?

I'm going with Yemon Yime #3 in Nickel.

A close second was a tie between tsun's Anasazi Spirit Dweller and this very awesome orange bug with spreading wings (hogwild stuff I want to say).

~Z

These questions are always tough to answer and I hate even trying. I didn't even get to see all the coins.

I'll give you my most memorable coin trades though in no particular order:

1) my trade with Yime :D

2) my trade with Ken because it has been a good year in the making.

3) my trade with Vanelle (I even turned down a little kid who tried to trade me her coin for one of mine because I wanted to trade her personally).

4) My Toucan LE given back to me by Mark (my first ever minted coin on my own)

Those 4 stand out for particular reasons :P

But my most favorite coin getting memory was when Georgia handed me a black pouch and it was filled with the last remaining remnants of 2007 Earth Turtle sample coins and whale trails. One of them being a 1 of a kind, that was totally sweet :huh:

Edited by tsunrisebey

SNIP...

But my most favorite coin getting memory was when Georgia handed me a black pouch and it was filled with the last remaining remnants of 2007 Earth Turtle sample coins and whale trails. One of them being a 1 of a kind, that was totally sweet :huh:

I hope this memory over-shadows the memory of me "mis-guiding" you! :P

I feel terrible about that, especially since my intention was to make it "EASY" for you to find your way!! duh....it had to be the stress :D

SNIP...

But my most favorite coin getting memory was when Georgia handed me a black pouch and it was filled with the last remaining remnants of 2007 Earth Turtle sample coins and whale trails. One of them being a 1 of a kind, that was totally sweet :P

I hope this memory over-shadows the memory of me "mis-guiding" you! :P

I feel terrible about that, especially since my intention was to make it "EASY" for you to find your way!! duh....it had to be the stress :huh:

Well I like the memory of being misguided cause it's funny now even though I was cursing your name when I down in Orem, lol. You know, it's one of those "we'll laugh about this years from now" kind of things :P I got there and it gave people something to tease me about although everyone gave me a hard time about being a geocacher with a gps and still getting lost but I explained that part :D Always carry a map and never trust the person who is apt to be the most stressed, lmao. I still love you Georgia!

Ok, it's TOTALLY not fair to be mentioning these coins without including pictures!!! I mean, come on! Pictures are the closest those of us who could not go will get to ever seeing any of these coins!!

CF30

I was a bad coiner and didn't take any pictures at all :P I just took a quick snap shot of the turtles Georgia handed me :D

101209007.jpg

Here's my banner before being packed, lol.

101209001.jpg

Most of the coins that were bought and traded you can find in the sales threads but I suppose it isn't the same huh?

I have to say that my favorite coin of the weekend, I did not get at the event. I did a little caching Sunday and Monday. I wanted to add some states to my GC map, so I went over to Wyoming, grabbed one there, came over to Idaho, and was working my way north, in hopes of adding Montana to my states (I did that this morning). Just south of Pocatello, I opened a cache, and there it was! A Tsunrisebey personal coin! I jumped up and down right there by the side of the road, and traded my personal for hers!

Yippee! That was my hearts desire, and I am so happy!!!!

I have to say that my favorite coin of the weekend, I did not get at the event. I did a little caching Sunday and Monday. I wanted to add some states to my GC map, so I went over to Wyoming, grabbed one there, came over to Idaho, and was working my way north, in hopes of adding Montana to my states (I did that this morning). Just south of Pocatello, I opened a cache, and there it was! A Tsunrisebey personal coin! I jumped up and down right there by the side of the road, and traded my personal for hers!

I'm so happy you found one! I didn't cache until I was well out of the city and very close to the Idaho border. Guess that means there are 2 more out there :P

WTG!

tsun

I'm so happy you found one! I didn't cache until I was well out of the city and very close to the Idaho border. Guess that means there are 2 more out there :P

WTG!

tsun

I was logging caches and notice you dropped one in another one I visited, but it wasn't there when I got there. The "This-N-That" cache.

Perhaps, there were only samples but my favorite one is The Cute Dreamer coin :P

Awwww, thank you!! :D I'm getting new samples made to see if we can work out the rainbow issue without needing new dies. Here's hoping!!

I loved the little anasazi coin, and also the cool night/day delicate arch coins that compass coins brought.

I also liked the technical details of Mr. Yime's moon gazer coins! What a neat idea. :huh:

Eesh. I don't think I can actually pick one favorite!!

If you could pick just one favorite coin (commercial or personal) from geocoinfest, what would it be?

I'm going with Yemon Yime #3 in Nickel.

A close second was a tie between tsun's Anasazi Spirit Dweller and this very awesome orange bug with spreading wings (hogwild stuff I want to say).

~Z

Does it have to be new? I picked up an old Silvermarc for $3 for my collection - definitely my favorite. Not trackable, but it harkens to the "good ole days"

Whew, finally getting the chance to sort through my keepers from GCF, and man, did I get some nice coins!

Being a big fan of the old school geocoin, I just have to say that my favorite "pick-up" was a Goblindust v3 with Mood Enamel! It certainly helps that Scott's Goblindust v1 has always been one of my favorites to begin with, but the Mood Enamel just gives me a kick in the pants! It was also great to finally meet Scott after corresponding back and forth over the past few years. Rock on, Goblindust!

Regarding coins that were for sale or trade, I've gotta throw a shout-out to Zelanzy for the Black/Grey/White Tribal Sun in Black Nickel we traded...and not just because he mentioned mine! This coin reminds me how great it was to do a colorful coin without translucents. (Like the COOL coin...thanks again, Georgia!) You can do so much amazing detail under a translucent enamel, but now I feel like doing a future design the way I used to do 'em.

And then there was this "Spiced Yime" Anasazi floating around that...believe it or not...I failed to get my hands on. Anybody got an extra? :(

This question is too hard for me as long as it stays in the singular (geocoin). The event was so much fun, to have to choose one from all those for sale and trade is just not possible. I traded for several personal coins at the event, which I enjoyed very much. Here's a shot of the boxes I took home, zelanzy, so you can see how impossible the task really is. :D

5ad987b5-ae2a-4b19-a0f4-d10a2decbf98.jpg

Here's a few that quickly come to mind:

Marlin01's geocoin. Aside from the generosity of this gift, it was great to have a fellow NY cacher at the event, and I simply enjoyed the time we spent together before the poker game eating thai food and talking about all sorts of geeky things. His sage advice also kept me calm during Texas Hold-em later that evening as well.

Tsun's Neptune's Compass. Pretty. Pretty. And a trade in person. What more could you ask for?

Zelanzy's Black Tribal Sun. I have a soft spot for black/white color combinations - and this design is so striking. Add to that good company, late night caching in the city, and some imogee, and it's at the top of the list.

WILG's personal coin. I had a chance to meet WILG, who traveled all the way from the Netherlands to the event. I have long admired the design on this coin, the pollarded tree, the fact that it is Dutch. I did not expect to ever own one. To have an surprise opportunity to trade for it in person was really satisfying.

Jellyfish! Thanks to Moop and Atwell, this one came together. It's been on my wish list for a while, and it was traded for Friday night in good company.

Bouncy Bunny. This old school coin just really appealed to me, and I traded it, with a few others, with Marky, who I had not met before. I enjoyed sitting at the table chatting with him, seeing some of his early work, and watching the little boy shark-traders take us both at the same time!

7fb54b16-d28b-4a5e-8af5-5c2c9c6ba030.jpg