Big THANK YOU! from tsunrisebey

tsunrisebey

A very sincere note.

I don't think it gets said enough or maybe people just think it's words being tossed around because it's the "norm" but I want to extend a HUGE "thank you" to everyone who stood in line and waited patiently at GCF to buy some coins.

I'm always deeply appreciative that I receive alot of support within the community and I do really mean that.

I admit I was a bit shocked and overwhelmed at what took place at the event. Some of you were there for others, some of you were there for ebay and some of you were there for yourselves, either way when I look back on it what a wonderful outpouring of support no matter how it presented itself.

I tried to look at name tags and I saw lots of familiar names, plenty of unfamiliar names who told me they were buying for so-and-so and it was a pleasure to see all of you. Unfortunately at a crazy event like that I am unable to give each of you a hug or shake your hand and look you in the eye and tell you; "thank you" so I'm telling you now.

Some of you came back and chatted with me later, some of you probably didn't want to interupt me or maybe just too shy but should I ever vendor again, don't be shy, introduce yourself or just yell at me and get my attention so I can at least say "hi" in person if I missed you this time around. I did hand out alot of hugs at the event and shook hands, explained to Ken for a good 5 minutes about how he wasn't the only person who the store was screwing over (lol).

I'll be very honest it's stuff like this that makes me keep trying as hard as I do even when I know there is no way to please everyone.

I think one of the neatest things I took away from this and maybe you did too was that in person, it's all real, people buying coins are real, many care or you see that the designs mean something to them which is so awesome but I hope it gave you all the opportunity to see the "real" person (although a bit overwhelmed) behind the scenes designing the coins :P That in the end we all share the same love of coins.

I hope you enjoyed the nutella too :D

...and again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for the support, it was above amazing. I hope to see many of you again in the future and to meet more of you down the road at other events. I'm really blessed to be part of a neat community! I'll keep putting my best foot forward :huh: Thanks for the patience and the smiles.

Like my website say's and I still stand by this; without you there is no Tsunrisebey Designs. You allow me to do what I love in my spare time and I am glad I took the chance and vendored at the event. Thanks and hugs!

tsun

Snip...

....some of you were there for ebay....

I think one of the neatest things I took away from this and maybe you did too was that in person, it's all real, people buying coins are real....

You truely are one of a kind tsun, and I'm sure you never get tired of hearing your designs are awesome. Anyone that knows coins, knows that your designs sell for highly exaggerated prices on ebay compared to what you sell them for.

This saddens many coiners because you only produce a limited # of coins and they are very hard to obtain through your site or special events like GCF. If someone really desires your coins, many times they are forced to pay the inflated prices through the convenience of ebay or pay travel expenses to attend an annual event.

I'm not sure why you only mint a limited # of coins, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I could speculate and say that it keeps the ebay price at a premium(which is only fattening someone elses pocket) or you do it to encourage trading, or you just don't want to flood the market, ect,ect,ect.... I could think of many reasons.

I guess what I'm getting at is I am glad you had a wonderful time and learned alot. I am hoping that the rave reviews give you the confidence to mint larger numbers of a design so that they can be made available through your website and not through someone else on ebay. I would rather give my $ to the person behind the design and not someone making a quick buck off of your labors.

just my thoughts for today...but hey, what do I know, keep up the great work!

JB

PS... I'm curious if there is anyone out there(besides yourself) that actually is lucky enough to have obtained at least one coin from all of your designs...

while I'm at it... did you sell out of anything that you don't plan on re-minting?

Snip...

....some of you were there for ebay....

I think one of the neatest things I took away from this and maybe you did too was that in person, it's all real, people buying coins are real....

You truely are one of a kind tsun, and I'm sure you never get tired of hearing your designs are awesome. Anyone that knows coins, knows that your designs sell for highly exaggerated prices on ebay compared to what you sell them for.

This saddens many coiners because you only produce a limited # of coins and they are very hard to obtain through your site or special events like GCF. If someone really desires your coins, many times they are forced to pay the inflated prices through the convenience of ebay or pay travel expenses to attend an annual event.

I'm not sure why you only mint a limited # of coins, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I could speculate and say that it keeps the ebay price at a premium(which is only fattening someone elses pocket) or you do it to encourage trading, or you just don't want to flood the market, ect,ect,ect.... I could think of many reasons.

I guess what I'm getting at is I am glad you had a wonderful time and learned alot. I am hoping that the rave reviews give you the confidence to mint larger numbers of a design so that they can be made available through your website and not through someone else on ebay. I would rather give my $ to the person behind the design and not someone making a quick buck off of your labors.

just my thoughts for today...but hey, what do I know, keep up the great work!

JB

PS... I'm curious if there is anyone out there(besides yourself) that actually is lucky enough to have obtained at least one coin from all of your designs...

while I'm at it... did you sell out of anything that you don't plan on re-minting?

John,

I have no control over ebay and you'll notice unless I run a charity driven auction I NEVER sell on ebay first. I have always let you coiners get first shot. I try not to look at ebay much because I see what I could be making if I went there first :P However, I feel it's more important to give everyone a square deal versus suck all the $$$ out of this as I can. I don't do it with $$$ in mind, I do it cause I love it and that's the truth. My only suggestion is don't buy ebay coins, if you do than you only encourage those who sell on there, to bleed me dry of my stock, lol. Funny but not funny.

When you say limited amounts, I actually mint alot of coins and it normally comes in the form of 2 remints after the intial minting. I'm running an average of 750-1000 coins per design, that's alot of coins! I've been setting limits on versions to allow for more people to get stuff however many people feel like they need to buy every version even if they don't like it. Trading power, ebay power, or whatever drives people to this craziness. My personal opinion is buy what you want for your collection or to release and be done with it but I don't control people. To each his own. I just like playing with colors and metals so I typically like to make 6 - 8 versions of a design. I am not going to exploit a design by minting it over and over in everything I can possible dream of in numbers that allows everyone and their brother to get them, that's almost abusive to the buyers in my opinion. I don't care what others are doing, I'm not comfortable doing that. I enjoy making a certain amount and hopefully allowing everyone to have a little something special. Heck I even quit making tsun versions (unless I'm going to an event and need a trader) so it would be less hassle for me.

The coins I brought to GCF were done in limited numbers as some were special to the event but I brought well over 100 coins for each of the designs. That was just an initial minting and a place to debut some of the coins. While the color/metal combos won't be repeated the designs themselves will be reminted and the Anasazi's and Armadillos will probably be offered on a reservation system so people can get one. ETO's are done so my remaining stock is the last. The Neptunes will be reminted in 1, possible 2 more versions but in special versions as to be sold overseas (gotta find someone/store) to work with for that. The Hoo Doo's will see only 1 new version and then I'm retiring it. Cache Hoppers are open minting but those are priced reasonably and I've been upfront about why they are an open design. So it's not like there won't be plenty for everyone :P

I've been much better about limiting coins that one can buy so more people can purchase. No matter how one looks at it, there's positive and negatives to each side of the coin selling thingy :huh: I do my best with what I have and can afford. Everyone hates ebay until they have to sell a coin, then they want the most bang for their buck, lol.

On the PS part: no idea but highly doubtful as I don't even have all the versions of everything of mine :D I know I sold a 2-tone 2007 ET a long time ago that was a 1 of a kind. Figured I'd give someone else a shot at owning a 1-of-a-kind. I'm missing a couple Cache Hopper versions too, lol. And very, very few people have the Cowgirl coin since it's a cache only coin :D

I think I touched on most of your questions.

To everyone else who posted, I hope to get to more events next year and meet more people and make more trades in person :P

Six Little Spookies, it was my pleasure and you had some of the politest kids I've ever met, you should be proud! Great little huggers too, lol.

John even... :P wow I'm flattered. I was just curious and I'm only asking questions I'm sure many have but are afraid to ask. You are a very talented coin artist and I'm aware you can't please everyone and get coins made for everyone. I was unaware of the #'s (750 -1000) This seems like plenty but when you make 6-8 versions of a design, that seems to leave 100-150 coins per version. As you witnessed first hand coiners are a crazy group (crazy in a good way! :D ) and want one of every coin and version you have to offer!

I'm not implying in anyway that you are doing anything wrong by minting what you do, I was just curious why you didn't mint more. I don't know unless I ask.

Seems to me as geocaching grows, so does the number of coiners (I'm sure several dozen were born this weekend by going to GCF not knowing what to expect) which says demand is growing quiker than supply, unless supply starts to grow with demand.

I for one won't pay over $20 for a coin period, regardless of it's rarity, unless it is for charity or an event auction which is probably why I've never obtained one of your original ET's. So going to ebay to obtain the coins you've sold and aren't planning on reminting isn't even an option. Again just me being curious, but if you minted more, and had them readily available on your site, wouldn't that detour the folks that are lucky enough to get your coins from selling them on ebay? :P

Again, it goes without saying that we all love your designs and think they are awesome, I just wanted to state that just because GCF is over in SLC doesn't mean you can rest yet! There are several hundred other crazy coiners wanting to purchase some of your new pretty coins, please don't forget us cause we don't want to go to ebay to get them! :huh:

It was great to finally meet you! And it was great to put a face with the name.

I for one love the minting numbers you do. I am not usally someone that has to have every version of a coin, but you have one that I am tryin' to do it with. So far I have been lucy enough to get them all.

I was going to try and do it with the ANASAZI coins as well, but by the time I mae it to your table one was already sold out I think. And I also thought I had won your one in the auction, but was out done by someone signing the bid sheet under my name at the same time I was making a bid. The auction was being called at this same time. It was fun though.

Wished we could have talked more, but understood you were a very busy person.

Thank you for all you do for the coining community!

You have very wonderful designs and can't wait to see what you do next!

Hiking Dude

:D I'm a coincollector which live in germany and can't travel to the GCF. So, i can only buy Tsun's Coins in her shop. Every coinbuyer know how hard it is to get the coin he want. The shop doesn't work properly and that frustrated me. Why will there no presale if it is normal by other shops. Is my money not good for her or did she have to much and sell coins as an hobby and not for earning money.

Tsun, did the dragon make its' debut at the show?

Pax was not there, ran out of $$$ and time :(

To address another post or 2 :D Not to be rude or anything but I just meant this thread to be a thank you to those who attended the event and popped up in line :unsure: I don't want to turn this into presales, ebay and webstore issues or "tsun why don't you do this or that." I'll be happy to discuss any of that in another thread where coins are being sold or via email :blink:

Just wanted people to know I was grateful and I'll leave it at that :o

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

I would like to say THANK YOU for bringing so many wonderful coins to the event for us to enjoy there.

It was such a pleasure to be able to visit with you in person and i look foward to the next time.

Keep up the wonderful work. :D

But, River Cacher, YOU NEED a BIG THANK YOU as you brought a many smiles to the little ones :(

both with the activity room and the coins !

:ph34r: I'm a coincollector which live in germany and can't travel to the GCF. So, i can only buy Tsun's Coins in her shop. Every coinbuyer know how hard it is to get the coin he want. The shop doesn't work properly and that frustrated me. Why will there no presale if it is normal by other shops. Is my money not good for her or did she have to much and sell coins as an hobby and not for earning money.

:

As a courtesy you might think about re-phrasing your questions...

First of all, not every store has presales and even when they do, they sell out (example: Germany's geocoinshop.de is sold out of most LE and every XLE coin by the time I get my newsletter from them)

secondly (not trying to speak for Tsun), money is not the issue for her...not because she has too much but because this is her passion.

I have started to trade for her coins and have met quite a few people who are generous and fair

Try it...you'll like it

Bryan

:laughing:

Edited by Pastor_B

:ph34r: I'm a coincollector which live in germany and can't travel to the GCF. So, i can only buy Tsun's Coins in her shop. Every coinbuyer know how hard it is to get the coin he want. The shop doesn't work properly and that frustrated me. Why will there no presale if it is normal by other shops. Is my money not good for her or did she have to much and sell coins as an hobby and not for earning money.

i find this comment rude and annoying, is it just me?

wish i coulda stood in line and met ya, sorry i couldent make it, but good on you for expressing your thanks here!! as said above your one of a kind!! :laughing:

wish i coulda stood in line and met ya, sorry i couldent make it, but good on you for expressing your thanks here!! as said above your one of a kind!! :laughing:

I always try to give a little leeway to the translation, or for those who are speaking in english when it is not their daily language...another consideration is that in different places the threshold for what's rude is different...that being said, I agree that it seems rude, or at least frustrated. I wish the poster better luck in future attempts. When you eventually win the race, you will be that much happier with the prize.

:D I'm a coincollector which live in germany and can't travel to the GCF. So, i can only buy Tsun's Coins in her shop. Every coinbuyer know how hard it is to get the coin he want. The shop doesn't work properly and that frustrated me. Why will there no presale if it is normal by other shops. Is my money not good for her or did she have to much and sell coins as an hobby and not for earning money.

wish i coulda stood in line and met ya, sorry i couldent make it, but good on you for expressing your thanks here!! as said above your one of a kind!! :D

I always try to give a little leeway to the translation, or for those who are speaking in english when it is not their daily language...another consideration is that in different places the threshold for what's rude is different...that being said, I agree that it seems rude, or at least frustrated. I wish the poster better luck in future attempts. When you eventually win the race, you will be that much happier with the prize.

your right robert i think i just need a break from the forums for a few days.