Optimizing the Online Form

RuideAlmeida

Lately I see the appearance of some caches without essential itens, such as stashnotes, logbooks, pencils, etc. One of them was just an empty container :(

My suggestion is to add some radio buttons for every essential item in the Online Form... just like at the bottom we already have those for agreement.

Like that, a new cache would only be accepted for appreciation if the owner checked that the new cache contains those essential itens.

28rl1ki.jpg

Just another idea for public discussion.

Best Regards

Edited by ruidealmeida

Had to super zoom to see the image you posted.

On topic: How often is this really a problem?

Already replaced the picture, sorry.

Caches without a stashnote or a pencil?

Apart from the nanos or micros, I would say a 20%.

Its more rare to find caches without a logbook, if you consider a bunch of little paper sheets a logbook... even so, I found some.

Edited by ruidealmeida

I've never seen a cache with no logbook. How many have you found? If I did I would assume it had been lost, replace it with my own and post a note to the CO alerting to the issue.

Everytime I can mantain someones caches, I did it... replacing pencils or logbooks.

Of course I always talk about it on the logs.

1. They're check boxes, not radio buttons. Just nitpicking, I know...

2. A writing instrument in the cache is not a requirement. Any moderately experienced cacher knows that they should always bring their own writing instrument, or be prepared to get creative about signing the log.

3. A minimum requirement of logbook and container is already spelled out in the listing guidelines, which you've already agreed to have read and complied to in one of the check boxes.

4. Stash note is not a requirement either.

Please, don't tell me that this is a "I hate micros" thread in disguise.

Chrysalides is right. The stashnote and pen are not required to be in a cache, and adding another checkbox for the logbook is redundant with the Guidelines checkbox.

On the other hand, since no one actually reads the guidelines even though they check the box saying they read them, why not have a bunch of multiple choice questions, based on the guidelines. The cache will only be published if they answer all of them correctly.

1. They're check boxes, not radio buttons. Just nitpicking, I know...

2. A writing instrument in the cache is not a requirement. Any moderately experienced cacher knows that they should always bring their own writing instrument, or be prepared to get creative about signing the log.

3. A minimum requirement of logbook and container is already spelled out in the listing guidelines, which you've already agreed to have read and complied to in one of the check boxes.

4. Stash note is not a requirement either.

Please, don't tell me that this is a "I hate micros" thread in disguise.

Well... you are absolutely right. But using common sense its another way to follow the guidelines... even those not written.

PS: I dont like micros on places that could easily handle a small or regular container; or micros as final containers of multi or mistery caches... but I dont hate them :P