Basecamp To Topo ver 2 problems

1Woodsman

I have heard some people say they are able to use Topo Canada version 4 with mapsouce as well as mapsource maps in their basecamp software. I might have misunderstood the few posts that mentioned this but if I haven't then I am having no luck with either. I can't use Topo Canada version 4 in mapsoure and can't even see it there in the manage maps drop down window or the other way around for Topo version 2 in Basecamp. Is this something I should be able to do and if I should, how do I go about resolving this issue. Garmins website leaves a lot to be desired and I can't even find basecamp in their software section at all. Thanks in advace for any help and input that anyone has to provide.

1Woodsman

What version of MapSource are you using? I think you would need the current version to use CA TOPO v4.

I'm using 6.13.7 wat is the latest? Do I just do the update in the help section for this? I didn't update in awhile because I have heard some issues about a few of the upgrades so I just opted out because I didn't have any problems until now I guess.

Thanks, 1Woodsman

You can download an update from here:

http://www.gawisp.com/perry/msource/

Looks like newest available version is MapSource_6156.exe

thanks JDiablo, I just updated and that actually fixed it one way but not the other. I can see and use ver4 in mapsource but still only ver4 in basecamp. Maybe that's all that will work, but this is good. Not that I couldn't do without this working this way it's just that when something is supposed to work a certain way and it doesn't well then that just drives me nuts until I can get it resolved. Thanks again for your help.

L8R, 1Woodsman

1) Basecamp only works with GArmin maps that include DEM data. In Canada, this means only Topo Canada version 4.

2) All of the newer maps like Topo Canada 4 and City Navigator do not work in the older versions of Mapsource. They are in a different format to the older maps.

1) Basecamp only works with GArmin maps that include DEM data. In Canada, this means only Topo Canada version 4.

2) All of the newer maps like Topo Canada 4 and City Navigator do not work in the older versions of Mapsource. They are in a different format to the older maps.

Thanks to both of you. I did have navigator working with the version I had without any issue, it was only when I got Topo Canada ver 4 and basecamp did I have any issues, but now that is fixed thanks to JDiablo.

L8R,1Woodsman