Newb question about Garmin eTrex Venture HC

DaveBrews

Hello, I'm a newb to geocaching and a total newb for GPSr's. I received my new Venture yesterday and went out at dusk to do some GCing. I accidentally marked a cache as Found. How can I undo this?

Thanks,

Dave

PS - Sorry my first post has to be a question.

As I understand this question, you accidentally marked the cache as found and didn't find it. The only way I can think of to fix this would be to remove the cache and re-enter it? I could be wrong...

Thanks for the quick reply Rockin Roddy!

I thought of that but was wondering if I could just mark it as un-found. No help in the PDF manual.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Dave

Hello, I'm a newb to geocaching and a total newb for GPSr's. I received my new Venture yesterday and went out at dusk to do some GCing. I accidentally marked a cache as Found. How can I undo this?

Thanks,

Dave

PS - Sorry my first post has to be a question.

As I understand this question, you accidentally marked the cache as found and didn't find it. The only way I can think of to fix this would be to remove the cache and re-enter it? I could be wrong...

Ahhh, Sweet! I knew there was a quick fix. Thanks Mama! :(

Just go in and change the Waypoint icon from the OPEN treasure chest to the CLOSED treasure chest.

This will change the icon, but are you also wanting to actually make the find? If so, you will likely need to put the cache back onto your unit...again, I could be mistaken!! :)

@Rockin Roddy - I noticed that when I accidentally marked the cache as found, it moved out of the Geocache Folder but was still in the Waypoints Folder. When I changed the icon to a closed box, it put it back in the Geocache Folder. The found button said Delete instead of Found. I changed the icon to an open box and it moved it out of the Geocache Folder. I closed the box and now it's back in the Geocache Folder and ready for me to Find.

Thanks for the help! alien_dance.gif