Geocoinfest Aftermath

anne.and.eli

Wow. My first mega event and that was pretty crazy! Technically it's not over, poker is downstairs and I'll be on the caching bus tomorrow.

However, I wanted to post and say huge thank yous to everyone who helped put on such an awesome event! Also, thank you to the vendors, I know that took a lot of work, and you all had wonderful coins (I have the locked paypal account and bleeding bank account to prove it! :()

For those of you who couldn't go, I sure hope you can go next year.

For those of you who did go, I sure hope we can all go again next year. :blink:

Also, I had it mentioned to me numerous times this weekend.. so please consider this a PSA.

I am not, nor in any way affiliated with, the people behind AE toys. I don't know them, had never heard of them before coming to the boards which was after creating this account, and have ZERO interest in following in their footsteps. The first time it was mentioned this weekend, I was shocked, but by the fifth time, I figured maybe I should say something publically.

Okay, glad we got that out of the way. :ph34r:

Thanks again to everyone who put on such a fun event!! I am sitting on the hotel bed surrounded by new pretties and sort of in post-coinage-overdose shock. :anibad:

Wow. My first mega event and that was pretty crazy! Technically it's not over, poker is downstairs and I'll be on the caching bus tomorrow.

However, I wanted to post and say huge thank yous to everyone who helped put on such an awesome event! Also, thank you to the vendors, I know that took a lot of work, and you all had wonderful coins (I have the locked paypal account and bleeding bank account to prove it! :()

For those of you who couldn't go, I sure hope you can go next year.

For those of you who did go, I sure hope we can all go again next year. :blink:

Also, I had it mentioned to me numerous times this weekend.. so please consider this a PSA.

I am not, nor in any way affiliated with, the people behind AE toys. I don't know them, had never heard of them before coming to the boards which was after creating this account, and have ZERO interest in following in their footsteps. The first time it was mentioned this weekend, I was shocked, but by the fifth time, I figured maybe I should say something publically.

Okay, glad we got that out of the way. :ph34r:

Thanks again to everyone who put on such a fun event!! I am sitting on the hotel bed surrounded by new pretties and sort of in post-coinage-overdose shock. :anibad:

Don't you have a cell phone or something? Take a pic of your shiny mound of new coins and post it!! At least those of us who didn't go can live vicariously.

I'm glad you started this thread B)

First and foremost; thank you very much to the organizers of the event and volunteers. I was really impressed with how everything was setup and organized. Plenty of room and pretty much the whole 2nd floor for only for Geocoinfest. Just really well run all the way around. I'm sure they are all glad this thing is behind them.

My drive took me through iced over, snowpacked and blizzard conditions throughout Montana, so it was 4WD the entire way through my state. I almost jinxed myself when a few days earlier I talked about getting snowed in. When I got to Idaho it was real nice and the rest of the drive was pleasant until I got close to SLC. Some one who's name rhymes with Georgia :blink: gave me the wrong directions, lol. After fighting rush hour traffic on Friday evening at 5:00pm on 6 lanes of stop and go traffic, I finally found myself 33 miles south of SLC and knew something was wrong. Long story short, I got the proper exit directions and head back into that nasy traffic. When I did find the right exit, I was driving around in a giant square trying to figure out how to get turned into the hotel to get to the parking garage. I was pretty cranky by this time (ask Valerie :)). I finally gave up and did a u-turn and got parked. I originally should have been in the hotel at 5:00 however with all those setbacks, I got to the MnG at about 7:00pm. I vaguely remember this buit I do remember meeting up with Yime and Redwing Dave as we hauled in display stands (they probably don't remember this) but they were feeling pretty good and let's just say they had a grand ole' time playing with the "wood" :ph34r:

The actual GCF event (vendor perspective)... uhhhhhhh, totally went by in a blur. I remember a feeling of panic a time or two. It was total pandamonium lol. Bluemotmot (Valerie) and Toojin were my early helpers and they totally rocked! Toojin was my computer jockey and Valerie and I were schlepping coins as fast as the humanly possible. I was impressed, most people had lists or knew exactly what they wanted which made things move a bit quicker. There wasn't time for much chit-chatting lol but I did try to watch name-tags as the lines moved along. I got to meet a number of people whose names I only see on invoices and emails and it was really great to shake hands, give hugs and get a chance to put names to faces. I got to see old buddies and that was great too. Everyone was very patient and no one complained when something was sold out, everyone just went with the flow of it.

I will say having done this for the first time, I knew it would be busy but I didn't know it would be the kind of crazy I witnessed. When they opened the doors and there was a stampede to the table, I remembermy head pounding and thinking, "holy sheet" I ain't going to have enough coins :( so some adjustments were made on the fly to make sure that one way or the other, people got a coin. The whole thing was just nuts and as tired as I am, I'm still wound up, lol.

In my opinion from the vendor standpoint, I just want to say thank you to everyone who stopped by (even if I didn't get a chance to talk with you). I had to keep telling people to come back when it slowed down but that took about 4 hours. I was blown away by the support coinerswho for some odd reason seem to like my coins and willing to put up with the craziness that comes with trying to get them ;) So thanks to all of you! For those who didn't know, I handed out free nutella with purchases and had a hug bowl of mini candy bars and stuff. It was just a small way to have fun and say "thanks!" Hopefully I created some new addicts B)

I closed up shop at 2:00 cause I was beat and I wanted to take time to talk with people and do some trading. I do have some left over coins but not much (I'll leave this for a different thread).

Other vendors tables: let me say that the majority of the other vendor tables looked great especially when most vendors had to fly in. Lots of quality products!!! I got to meet almost everyone and I was really impressed with how friendly everyone was. We have some newer vendors out there who are entering our geocoin world and I did a walk around late in the game to check out who was who. Tables were setup wonderfully and you could tell most took alot of pride in what they were offering. I highly encourage everyone to give some of these new vendors a chance and give them your support. It's not cheap to come to an event nor be a vendor period but I was very impressed with the quality of coins and designs. It's these people who keep me on my toes :grin:

Got some trading done, watched a portion of geopoker and overall had a great time.

For those of you interested in coins, this is such a great event to attend. It's a total rush to be around so much coinage and addicted coiners. It's a wonderful way to meet people and learn a bit about them. There is so much to do at these events. You don't need to know anyone, you just jump in and start trading/buying. Heck there were people there from the Netherlands, Ireland and even the Czech Republic (that I saw and which really impressed me). It's the 1 event that I try to attend each year because I share a love that everyone else does in coins. The 2 I've attended so far were awesome and I'm glad I went :grin:

I never got to take any pictures because I never got a rest :anibad: I hope there will be some people who can post some pics or I'll just look for some on FB.

One more big thank you to those who helped me get through the day; Valerie, Lenny, Lisa, Wanna, Corey, Joey, Paul, Yime, Joni (hope I didn't forget anyone).

Thanks for the support, well wishes, friendship, event, laughs, headaches, etc. :grin:

Hope to see more of you next year in Minnesota :grin:

tsun

Ahhhhhh It's MINNESOTA next year!!!!! That is a bit closer so maybe I can experience the madness!! :blink:

It sounds like a fabulous time today and when I saw that picture of those coins I was thinking OMG! I am so envious!!!

Trading now???? Anyone???

Edit to add: I had never even thought that the name anne.and.eli could be associated with that toy store maybe since I know their names. But I am embarrassed to say taht I had to look up what PSA was! LOL Yep those initials have a different meaning for me and I couldn't figure out for the life of me how that had anything to do with what you were saying. :(:anibad:

Edited by LadyBee4T

The picture is a bit misleading, as it does show the coins I brought to trade as well. :( On the other hand, I did get a LOT of coins. o.O

There were some people selling coins for cheaper, but most of the vendors just had special coins/new coins at the same ol' ~$10 price.

The coins were awesome, but really a lot of fun came from the events (the trax challenge was a blast) and the people!

::: breathe, Molly, breathe :::

Wow! That pic Anne.and.Eli posted took my breath away! I saw so many coins that I desire! Hoodoos, Ladybugs, Anasazi, Armadillos.... and is that an SC 999 coin I spy? :(

Tsun, I'm glad you made it through the day... and your trip to GCF. I look forward to the purchase info for your homeless coins. :blink:

Yime, thanks for posting the pics on FB.

Minnesota? I really like Minnesota. :anibad:

Well, where to start... after a very busy week at work I got up at 4:00 am on Friday to get the early plane in. Was met at the airport by Oakcoins (Thanks! Christian!), and checked into the hotel. I was already beat a felling under the weather so after lunch with Moop Along and Eleanor I crashed and napped for 2 hours.... got up in time for early registration and came down to see the hallway packed with people. ;) The MnG was a blur, I felt queezy and sick (just from sheer exhaustion from the week) but managed to do the rounds to say hi to people and give away my new personal coin. I crashed at 9 pm. Was sick most of the night, but felt better in the morning.

Came down early to help volunteer after 2 powerades and 2 advil I felt much better and began to mingle. Unlike others I had no idea what I was buying but managed to make it around to most vendors. There wasn't as much trading as last year, but I still came away with 120 new coins. :) And ended up buying another 50! :(

So many coins! So little time! I found the Dutch Mystery coin in my trader bin! Woot! :anibad::blink:B)

Crashed and took another 2 hour nap then headed to geocoin poker to have my a** handed to me. Congrats to Corey (Corey and Joey), Denise (Velma, Shaggy, Scooby) and Mark (Audit Cacher, and winnner). I am beat, it's time to sleep.

BTW the Anasasi's look better in person than in the picture. B) But my favorite geocaching personality was this chipper old English git: Colonel Cachington who skipped and rhymed around the room! :ph34r:

Edited by avroair

Oh the land of salty lakes! As a first mega AND a first time vendor and very new coin developer it was quite an adventure. Coins aside (can I say that???), the BEST part of the event was meeting a ton of new people that I can truly call new friends! I have to give a HUGE thank you to Vanelle whom I did not know in person before the event. She let me hang with her crew all weekend. I honestly believe that my weekend would be much less enjoyable had I not randomly bumped into her. Oh and THANKS for helping with my booth too!

Thanks to everyone that supported me through purchases and to everyone else that welcomed me into this awesome community! I learned a ton about booth presentation, the business in general, and how carrying 500 coins through security causes instant bag checks :(

Oh and for all you folks waiting for blurry cell phone pics, here ya go! In the little time I had to buy/trade (and with the help of tadpole whom I pimped out to trade for me) I picked up a couple:

gcfs.jpg

Oh and GCF 2010 is in my home state MINNESOTA NEXT YEAR!!! YES! Good work on the bid guys!

Edited by Zelanzy

I am sitting here on the morning after just re-living yesterday. What a blast. I'm here sharing a room with Wanna of Cache in Hand. We both got here Friday and attended the M&G. It was so much fun!

Yesterday morning I was up at 4:30am ready to buy and trade coins! I was like a little kid at Christmas! Those hours till 10 when the doors opened just dragged by! Finally the doors opened! Yippee! Beeline right to tsun's booth! "I want one of everything, please!" Then I circled the room, like a shark. I spent most of my money in about 10 minutes!

The vendors were just wonderful. It was nice to see a mix of old and new vendors.

Then the trade tables. I didn't trade as much as I would have liked, but I did get some real beauties.

The best part of the day was seeing old friends and making new friends. I'm one of these crazy people who likes to hug everybody. My arms are tired, but it was well worth it.

Minnesota, I'm so there! Is it time yet?

This thread was so much fun to read and Tsun it was alot of fun reading you post, we had many laughs. When we seen all the coins posted we were like holy cow batman! Glad everyone had a great time, lots of coinage, sounds like a blast mmeeting new people and old friends and seeing what every vendor had to sell. We are sad that we werrent there but Now after reading that it will be in Minnesota next year, YAH! We finally get to attend a GeocoinFest next year. It will be our first. Thanks for announcing That Tsun.! We been waiting to hear this good news. Many Thanks to Our Good Friends NoSnow for picking up coinage for us and very excited to see what they got. It will be a great suprise for sure. Glad everything turned out great and it was alot of fun for all. :(

Hahaha, okay, just for you guys, here's a picture. The burlap bag is the da vinci challenge coin set.

coinpile.jpg

Holy Toledo, that's gotta be at least $500 worth of coins? No wonder PayPal froze you out. Looks like you had fun. :)

Edit to add: Loved reading what everyone else had to share about their experience... I'm particularly impressed with Tsun and Avroair for their stamina. And many thanx to the new A&E for posting the pic. :(;):)

Edited by Droo

Just wanted to thank the organizers and volunteers for putting on a great event!

We arrived at the event at 11:30 Saturday as I had to work that morning. We were having so much fun meeting people and trading/buying coins before we knew it it was after 4! We left the event with alot of coins and good memories. Had to stop around the corner and grab some dinner (the pregnant girl was starving... and so was I) before heading home.

Would love to go to next years, but we will have a brand new baby, so odds are uncertain. Hopefully we can make 2011.

Thanks again to the event organizers and volunteers, and thank you to everyone who stopped and traded and chatted with us! It was wonderful to put faces (and hugs!) to the online names, and everyone was just as wonderful in person as we had imagined.

Here is a pic of our spoils, lots of trades, lots of puchases and some winnings! we won on 4 of our 6 raffle tickets :(

coin004.jpg

I am sitting here on the morning after just re-living yesterday. What a blast. I'm here sharing a room with Wanna of Cache in Hand. We both got here Friday and attended the M&G. It was so much fun!

Yesterday morning I was up at 4:30am ready to buy and trade coins! I was like a little kid at Christmas! Those hours till 10 when the doors opened just dragged by! Finally the doors opened! Yippee! Beeline right to tsun's booth! "I want one of everything, please!" Then I circled the room, like a shark. I spent most of my money in about 10 minutes!

The vendors were just wonderful. It was nice to see a mix of old and new vendors.

Then the trade tables. I didn't trade as much as I would have liked, but I did get some real beauties.

The best part of the day was seeing old friends and making new friends. I'm one of these crazy people who likes to hug everybody. My arms are tired, but it was well worth it.

Minnesota, I'm so there! Is it time yet?

Seems like you folk had a blast!! Glad you got some nice coinage and I am curious on how things went for my "helper/buyer".

grodan Karin

Just wanted to thank the organizers and volunteers for putting on a great event!

We arrived at the event at 11:30 Saturday as I had to work that morning. We were having so much fun meeting people and trading/buying coins before we knew it it was after 4! We left the event with alot of coins and good memories. Had to stop around the corner and grab some dinner (the pregnant girl was starving... and so was I) before heading home.

Would love to go to next years, but we will have a brand new baby, so odds are uncertain. Hopefully we can make 2011.

Thanks again to the event organizers and volunteers, and thank you to everyone who stopped and traded and chatted with us! It was wonderful to put faces (and hugs!) to the online names, and everyone was just as wonderful in person as we had imagined.

Here is a pic of our spoils, lots of trades, lots of puchases and some winnings! we won on 4 of our 6 raffle tickets :(

coin004.jpg

Oh my! I see LOTS of pretties! Yemon Yime's, Tribal Sun, Crystal Ball.. and look! a Neptune's Compass! What are the coins on the top left?

coin004.jpg

Have a couple questions to ask, what is the south park looking on toward the botton right lower corner? We really like it. The two Arches toward the top was that the Event geocoin? They are so beautiful. And one more question, who sold the Sunray geocoin? You sure got alot of nice loot. OOh and before we forget Congrads on being preggers with a baby, That is great news :)

Oh my! I see LOTS of pretties! Yemon Yime's, Tribal Sun, Crystal Ball.. and look! a Neptune's Compass! What are the coins on the top left?

They are from Compass Coins and are Native American Totems and are absolutely GORGEOUS! I think they are my new favorites... :(

nai_sealion_cppr.jpg

nai_dragonfly_antiqgold.jpg

raven-ant-silver-front-back1.jpg

Wow! I just love these coins! Does anyone have a set available for trade?

After last year, it was weird sitting back watching all the fun without us. Sounds like everyone had a blast. WTG guys! We'll keep our fingers crossed that we can attend next year in MN (coingrats on winnng the bid!)...I don't know if I could take not attending 2 years in a row!

What she said. Though I noticed MN got a dusting of SNOW Saturday Morning. Not a good thing. Hope next year is more of an Indian Summer.

The two Arches toward the top was that the Event geocoin? They are so beautiful.

I definitely agree there... if the Rainbow Arch coin was the event coin it's got to be the most interesting MegaEvent coin I've ever seen. I love it and would love to grab one, somewhere, somehow. :(

Steph,

how on earth did a Geocacher with a GPS manage to get LOST!!

ROFLMAO! :D

i was thinking the same thing! for driving past the location, you get a "did not find" unhappy smiley face! ;)

:) I'll have you know I didn't get lost,why won't anyone believe me? lol

First of all, I drove all the way down to SLC without amap of any sort! (probably mistake #1 but I couldn't find my atlas before I left). Second, The queenbee gave me directions herself, what more do I need?Thirdly, I didn't download anything on my GPS, I almost didn't bring it but threw it in my bag last second so that wouldn't have helped me anyhow. Fourthly, when you're a country kid who lives in a state with less people than Salt Lake City itself that traffic totally sucked and I don't think I said so many swear words in my life since I had to drive to Cali for GW acouple years ago :D Fifthly, how the heck am I suppose to know when the heck the SLC ended and the next town began? They all run together, it all looks like one giant city to me. I drove until I recognized a name of a different town (not having a map is a bad idea :( ) then i knew I was waaaaaay past where I should have been. Sixthly :) once I got the RIGHT directions, I found it pretty easily. Seventhly when I left SLC this morning, I-15 NB lane was closed and I was wishing I had a map but I did find my way out after a half hour :D without a map. I was cussing up a new storm this morning. Eightly, when I finally got to the event, seems like everyone knew I had been driving around for well over an hour trying to find the place. Pete was zero help :D

Hey give a Montana kid credit, the last thing on my mind out the door was; "heck, who needs a map, it's right off I-15, how hard can it be to find?" Famousl ast words of a fool without a GPS or map, lmao.

I was NOT lost, I was misguided! Did I mention I hate driving in the city? :D

Steph,

ROFLMAO! :)

i was thinking the same thing! for driving past the location, you get a "did not find" unhappy smiley face! :D

:D I'll have you know I didn't get lost,why won't anyone believe me? lol

First of all, I drove all the way down to SLC without amap of any sort! (probably mistake #1 but I couldn't find my atlas before I left). Second, The queenbee gave me directions herself, what more do I need?Thirdly, I didn't download anything on my GPS, I almost didn't bring it but threw it in my bag last second so that wouldn't have helped me anyhow. Fourthly, when you're a country kid who lives in a state with less people than Salt Lake City itself that traffic totally sucked and I don't think I said so many swear words in my life since I had to drive to Cali for GW acouple years ago :D Fifthly, how the heck am I suppose to know when the heck the SLC ended and the next town began? They all run together, it all looks like one giant city to me. I drove until I recognized a name of a different town (not having a map is a bad idea :( ) then i knew I was waaaaaay past where I should have been. Sixthly :) once I got the RIGHT directions, I found it pretty easily. Seventhly when I left SLC this morning, I-15 NB lane was closed and I was wishing I had a map but I did find my way out after a half hour :D without a map. I was cussing up a new storm this morning. Eightly, when I finally got to the event, seems like everyone knew I had been driving around for well over an hour trying to find the place. Pete was zero help :D

Hey give a Montana kid credit, the last thing on my mind out the door was; "heck, who needs a map, it's right off I-15, how hard can it be to find?" Famousl ast words of a fool without a GPS or map, lmao.

I was NOT lost, I was misguided! Did I mention I hate driving in the city? :D

Now that is funny, HeHeHe :);)

Snip...

..... I noticed MN got a dusting of SNOW Saturday Morning. Not a good thing. Hope next year is more of an Indian Summer.

I was going to say it but I bit my tongue...

A little snow never hurt anyone :( It builds character just like getting lost errr I mean being misguided.

I can live with a dusting...we've cached in much worse. But, I am not worried about the weather...NOSNOW is on the GCF committee...with a caching name like that, who could ask for more? :)

:( We were cussing up a storm on our way too. It was great seeing so many people doing U-turns and going down street after street trying to get back onto I-15 NB. I really wonder why there was only a few detour signs (none of which helped).

I will write more about GCF later. We really need some sleep after not getting very much this weekend.

Steph,

ROFLMAO! :D

i was thinking the same thing! for driving past the location, you get a "did not find" unhappy smiley face! :)

:D I'll have you know I didn't get lost,why won't anyone believe me? lol

First of all, I drove all the way down to SLC without amap of any sort! (probably mistake #1 but I couldn't find my atlas before I left). Second, The queenbee gave me directions herself, what more do I need?Thirdly, I didn't download anything on my GPS, I almost didn't bring it but threw it in my bag last second so that wouldn't have helped me anyhow. Fourthly, when you're a country kid who lives in a state with less people than Salt Lake City itself that traffic totally sucked and I don't think I said so many swear words in my life since I had to drive to Cali for GW acouple years ago :D Fifthly, how the heck am I suppose to know when the heck the SLC ended and the next town began? They all run together, it all looks like one giant city to me. I drove until I recognized a name of a different town (not having a map is a bad idea :) ) then i knew I was waaaaaay past where I should have been. Sixthly ;) once I got the RIGHT directions, I found it pretty easily. Seventhly when I left SLC this morning, I-15 NB lane was closed and I was wishing I had a map but I did find my way out after a half hour :D without a map. I was cussing up a new storm this morning. Eightly, when I finally got to the event, seems like everyone knew I had been driving around for well over an hour trying to find the place. Pete was zero help :D

I was NOT lost, I was misguided! Did I mention I hate driving in the city? :)

Let me just start by saying to the OP. I promise we didn't take paypal from you, no matter how many times you came back :)

Anyway, too much travel today. I'll recap tomorrow or the next day. But I'll give you the picture I'll smile at the most. I vended in the complete opposite corner as someone from Montana (whoever that was :( ). The doors flew open, and it was like buffalo running free, lemmings to the sea, you name it. We (vendors) just sat there and laughed as the line formed about 50 people deep. Stayed that way for the better part of an hour, mind you. I don't think I relayed that story to her, but I can still see everyone blocking Oakcoins booth, not even glancing over ;)

The attendees eventually spread out and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. And I had a blast. And the coins. Well, I'm not sure I can even begin to count. I'm thinking maybe 200 new ones or so? More later.

TMA

Snip...

..... I noticed MN got a dusting of SNOW Saturday Morning. Not a good thing. Hope next year is more of an Indian Summer.

A little snow never hurt anyone :( It builds character just like getting lost errr I mean being misguided.

Wanna bet? I know there is no way in hell I can drive in it at all anymore after being away from it for almost 18 years. And with a rental car, I certainly wouldn't want to take a chance. That's a HUGE liability.

Let me just start by saying to the OP. I promise we didn't take paypal from you, no matter how many times you came back :D

Anyway, too much travel today. I'll recap tomorrow or the next day. But I'll give you the picture I'll smile at the most. I vended in the complete opposite corner as someone from Montana (whoever that was :( ). The doors flew open, and it was like buffalo running free, lemmings to the sea, you name it. We (vendors) just sat there and laughed as the line formed about 50 people deep. Stayed that way for the better part of an hour, mind you. I don't think I relayed that story to her, but I can still see everyone blocking Oakcoins booth, not even glancing over :D

TMA

Paypal... must work on that mess later, too tired :D

I'm glad people got a smile/laugh at my expense :D I can kinda laugh about it now but I do remember seeing this large mob moving in and this slight feeling of panic initially. I half wonder what the look on my face was when this craziness started ;) I know alot of people think; well how can you not know that wasn't going to happen? Well I've never vended before and I was at GCF08 and that was not going on, plus it wasn't like most of my customer base was going to GCF (lots of lurkers I guess). Long story short, it was a heckuva learning experience and overall I think me and my helpers did good. My quads are so sore, my heels and toes are blistered (don't wear cowboy boots again) and my back is aching, that was the workout from h*ll :)

2 things that were kinda funny. Bluemotmot was working with me in the beginning and I was telling her that I get a bit high-strung when I get nervous and I told her if I was getting out of hand, just to put her hand on my shoulder and tell me to breathe. She grins and say's "I'm the same way". I was like, great, too high strung people on emotional overload :D However it was too busy to lose my mind altogher :) THEN good ole' Yime scares that crap out of me. I'm processing orders and off in my own world, pucker factor still in high gear and what does he do? He had grabbed some bubble wrap and layed it on the floor close to me in my booth area. He was standing about 2 feet from me and I had no clue. He starts stepping on the bubble wrap and it sounded like fire crackers or something on fire behind me which totally caught me off guard. My heart about came out of my chest cause I was in coin tunnel vision. I look right beside me in the area where I thought something bad was happening and there is this big arse, silly grinned Yime Monster laughing his arse off - in my booth area mind you! I wanted to murder him right there but I have to admit, it made me laugh and forced me out of my frenzied state. He put his hand on my shoulder, smiled and said; "how ya doin' tsun" then walked off laughing.

You gotta love a guy who can lighten the mood and has an infectious smile. :)

Let me just start by saying to the OP. I promise we didn't take paypal from you, no matter how many times you came back :D

HAhahahahaaha I still have no idea how you got paid, but you must have because I have some of your coins!! I will have to imagine I used *gasp* cash. ;)

I can look back and laugh at all that now, but man I was a bit freaked when vendors started telling me my paypal was being bounced back. :(

[Edit] Also, I ended up not purchasing ANY trading coins. Because of the sudden spending limit due to having to pay cash (yah, ATMs have limits, who knew :) I tried to fulfill all the shopping lists I had and my own wishes, and ended up with nothing left over for trades. :) Really saddened by that.

Edited by anne.and.eli

It sounds like the Twin Cities is going to be filled with Geocoins next fall, with all the positive responses. Before putting any plans in stone, give us time to get home and shovel out of the blizzard that must have blown in while we were in Salt Lake City. The dates and time are still tentative. We will be keeping the forum and our website up to date.

Snip...

Wanna bet? I know there is no way in hell I can drive in it at all anymore after being away from it for almost 18 years. And with a rental car, I certainly wouldn't want to take a chance. That's a HUGE liability.

Don’t worry! You don’t need to rent a car. The hotel has a complimentary 24 hour van to and from the MSP airport. The hotel also has complimentary van to and from the Mall of America, which has enough shops, bar, fast food, restaurants, entertainment, and rides for a couple of weeks at least. If you do need to go farther, you can grab the light rail. There is a light rail station across the street from the hotel, which will take you to downtown Minneapolis. If it’s caching you want to do, then within 1 mile of the hotel is 5 caches, 2 miles 16, 3 miles 63, 4 miles 198, 5 miles 353, 10 miles 1438 and 20 miles 4029. If you would also include all the caches you can get using the light rail you should consider getting an apartment as you would not be able to find them all in a weekend.

Snip...

A little snow never hurt anyone :P It builds character just like getting lost errr I mean being misguided.

Don’t worry! You don’t need to rent a car. The hotel has a complimentary 24 hour van to and from the MSP airport. The hotel also has complimentary van to and from the Mall of America, which has enough shops, bar, fast food, restaurants, entertainment, and rides for a couple of weeks at least. If you do need to go farther, you can grab the light rail. There is a light rail station across the street from the hotel, which will take you to downtown Minneapolis. If it’s caching you want to do, then within 1 mile of the hotel is 5 caches, 2 miles 16, 3 miles 63, 4 miles 198, 5 miles 353, 10 miles 1438 and 20 miles 4029. If you would also include all the caches you can get using the light rail you should consider getting an apartment as you would not be able to find them all in a weekend.

Good to know that like SLC, a car isn't needed. Didn't see that in the proposal.