MapSource 6.15.7

ThomThom43

It is not listed under the change history.

Changes made from version 6.15.6 to 6.15.7:

◦Fixed an issue where maps could not be transferred on certain non-English Windows installations.

◦Reduced size of symbols when configured to use small symbols.

◦Fixed an issue finding campgrounds on some newer map products.

Edited by Moorheadbigj

Still not up.

It's there now, but when I tried to run it it said that my Topo was not found.

But yet... I have it and it is loaded and working with my current MapSource.

Huh? It wasn't there when I just tried it.

I think you used the link to Download MapSource United States TOPO Basemap Patch by mistake.

Still not up.

I think you used the link to Download MapSource United States TOPO Basemap Patch by mistake.

It's there, if in doubt on what is being downloaded, use the link in post #5 above. Just installed it and all my maps are listed. Edited by JDiablo

Still not up.

It's there, if in doubt on what is being downloaded, use the link in post #5 above. Just installed it and all my maps are listed.

Sorry, no offense, but I won't use direct links...I was attempting to download from the MapSource Updates & Downloads page on Garmin's site and it wasn't working. Just tried again...and now it's working.

Still not up.

It's there, if in doubt on what is being downloaded, use the link in post #5 above. Just installed it and all my maps are listed.

Sorry, no offense, but I won't use direct links...I was attempting to download from the MapSource Updates & Downloads page on Garmin's site and it wasn't working. Just tried again...and now it's working.

No offense taken, it's the same link from their webpage, you just clicked on it there. Edited by JDiablo

Still not up.

That's what I meant.... I tried to run that Topo Patch and even though I have Topo 2008 loaded and working in MapSource and on my GPS units, it gives me an error saying it can't find the map.

Still not up.

That's what I meant.... I tried to run that Topo Patch and even though I have Topo 2008 loaded and working in MapSource and on my GPS units, it gives me an error saying it can't find the map.

That patch wasn't for TOPO 2008, it was for the older version that you do not have.

On Windows 7 x64 I'm seeing massive memory leaks. It's most apparent with map of Japan from http://uud.info, but it can be reproduced with latest City Navigator North America.

I have .gdb file with selected all 470 map segments (Japan 1:25000 Road Navigator), 40 waypoints, 9 routes and 2 tracks. I zoom in 4-5 times, zoom out, then select one route and select "Show Selected Route On Map" and MapSource takes 1.9GB of memory. After that map start to show all kind of artifacts since 2GB is address space limit for 32-bit applications.

It takes a bit more zooming in and out in 6-7 large North American cities but memory consumption also jumps north of 1GB very soon.

It did that with previous two versions. I tried MapSource v6.11.5 and memory usage never goes over 32MB. God, I forgot how fast that version is!

Is anyone having trouble opening their "My Finds" query in the new MapSource? I can load any other PQ just fine, but when I try to open the one for my finds it crashes MapSource. Just curious if there is a solution to this or if it is a new problem.

Just tried it with my latest MyFinds PQ that was generated on 10/08...no issues.

Is anyone having trouble opening their "My Finds" query in the new MapSource? I can load any other PQ just fine, but when I try to open the one for my finds it crashes MapSource. Just curious if there is a solution to this or if it is a new problem.

Just tried it with my latest MyFinds PQ that was generated on 10/08...no issues.

The only thing I can think of is that I found a puzzle cache that is listed in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The older My Finds PQ I had saved opened fine before that. If the coords for that cache are outside the range of the maps in MapSource, will it cause the file to not load and MapSource to crash? I wouldn't think it would matter, but I'm drawing a blank as to what is causing the problem.

The only thing I can think of is that I found a puzzle cache that is listed in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The older My Finds PQ I had saved opened fine before that. If the coords for that cache are outside the range of the maps in MapSource, will it cause the file to not load and MapSource to crash? I wouldn't think it would matter, but I'm drawing a blank as to what is causing the problem.

I've got a Find that's off the map as well...not an issue for me.

Well, that isn't the problem either. I just found an old "My Finds" PQ in my email from a month ago and tried it. It crashes MapSource too.

Did you get any error message during install?

Was anything else running during install?

Have you re-booted after install?

Try re-installing?

Well, that isn't the problem either. I just found an old "My Finds" PQ in my email from a month ago and tried it. It crashes MapSource too.

Did you get any error message during install?

Was anything else running during install?

Have you re-booted after install?

Try re-installing?

No error messages during install. Nothing else running. Rebooted and still not working. ALso tried reinstalling MapSource. I created a new PQ for 100 near my home coords. I downloaded it and it opens just fine. The only thing that won't open is the My Finds PQ. Weird.

No error messages during install. Nothing else running. Rebooted and still not working. Also tried reinstalling MapSource. I created a new PQ for 100 near my home coords. I downloaded it and it opens just fine. The only thing that won't open is the My Finds PQ. Weird.

I was going to ask how many finds you had, but looking at your profile it looks like 700+ so I doubt the issue is the number of waypoints you're loading (since mine has 2,900+).

Could be a corrupt MyFinds...have you tried uploading to ItsNotAboutTheNumbers?

If you have your DVD and any unlock codes handy, you could try un-installing MapSource and starting from scratch.

If that doesn't do the trick...a call to Garmin's toll free support number.

No error messages during install. Nothing else running. Rebooted and still not working. Also tried reinstalling MapSource. I created a new PQ for 100 near my home coords. I downloaded it and it opens just fine. The only thing that won't open is the My Finds PQ. Weird.

I was going to ask how many finds you had, but looking at your profile it looks like 700+ so I doubt the issue is the number of waypoints you're loading (since mine has 2,900+).

Could be a corrupt MyFinds...have you tried uploading to ItsNotAboutTheNumbers?

If you have your DVD and any unlock codes handy, you could try un-installing MapSource and starting from scratch.

If that doesn't do the trick...a call to Garmin's toll free support number.

I tried loading the "My Finds" PQ to Its Not About the Numbers and in the CacheStats program and it worked fine for that. I thought it might have been a corrupt file too, but it looks like it works fine with other programs.

I may try calling Garmin and seeing what they think. Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas. I'll post back if Garmin enlightens me and shows me what is wrong.