New term: "hunchbacking"

DENelson83

This is when you have to walk under really low and thick ground cover (such as tree branches) with your back bent forward because you won't get past them with a straight spine.

this doesnt happen much here in phoenix. tip toing through the toolips works better here .. maybe ballerina

Dances with Cholla

(My tribal name, by the way)

Crazy! My tribal name is Magnet of Cholla! We must be cousins!

Aye the South West land of the Cholla Forest.

Never hike without a comb, tweezers, and a magnifying glass.

On the first part of the journey

I was looking at all the life

There were plants and birds and rocks and things

There was sand and hills and rings

The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz

And the sky with no clouds

The heat was hot and the ground was dry

But the air was full of sound

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name

It felt good to be out of the rain

In the desert you can remember your name

'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

Since I love the forest-type caches, I'm particularly familiar with crouching over so low, you're almost crawling. The only annoying part is that if I have my camelback on me, it can still get caught even if you're low enough to clear it :anibad:

I use a camel back too. I know that just when you think youve bent forward far enough to clear those low lying branches, I get hung up too. I call it "snaking" though when you have to belly crawl on the tops of boulders for a little bit under the outcroppings of other boulders to reach the cache. Walking up to it just isnt gonna happen. Sometimes, still getting hung up with the camel back. Go figure. :(

I call this duckwalking - which has a double meaning - you have to duck under things while you walk and you look like a duck who is walking

These are very hard for me to do since I've had 3 back surgeries - we get to that point and I always say - look I can duck or I can walk, but I can't do both at the same time and someone (I never go out in the woods alone) will usually help me get past those both ways