Garmin

Hi

Im after if at all possible the Garmin geocoins, I know im a bit late but there must be some out there that are not wanted of maybe for sale if so please get in touch

ginger

You mean these?

1. Collect a Geocoin from any Blacks or Millets store

2. Go to garminuk.geocaching.com and register your Geocoin’s unique ID number. You will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win one of the great adventure prizes.

3. Choose a cache from the website in a location that interests you

4. Hunt down the cache by entering the location coordinates (or ‘waypoints’) into your Garmin GPS handheld, and leave your Geocoin inside it

5. Return to the website and log your Geocoin’s new location

6. Seek out other people’s coins to keep the game going and follow the trail online

Hi

Im after if at all possible the Garmin geocoins, I know im a bit late but there must be some out there that are not wanted of maybe for sale if so please get in touch

ginger

You mean these?

2. Go to garminuk.geocaching.com and register your Geocoin’s unique ID number. You will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win one of the great adventure prizes.

4. Hunt down the cache by entering the location coordinates (or ‘waypoints’) into your Garmin GPS handheld, and leave your Geocoin inside it

6. Seek out other people’s coins to keep the game going and follow the trail online

:(:anibad::blink::ph34r: hurrrrayyyyyyyyyy..... ;)

Hi

ginger

You mean these?

Yes indeed I do "mean".. unfortunatly I didnt do No: 1 :( hence the request for those who may have but not used/or placed in a cache.

ginger

From your original post it sounds as if you want all the coins not one.... you also wanted to buy one. Not really in the spirit of the game :anibad:

Maybe I haven’t explained myself properly, I missed out on collecting these free geocoins from Garmin though shops like Blacks and Millets.

My request is that there maybe members out there that may have some/all of these coins they may want to part with or no longer want, to tempt members to look in there drawers or the bottom of they cupboards’ I’ve offered to or Im willing to buy them from folks.

Or even meet them at a meet and exchange them for a pint or two.

Me wanting to buy them of folks Im not quite sure why this is not "in the spirit of the game" at least Im trying to come by these coins honestly, as we know there are quite a few that just disappear :(

I hope that’s cleared that up

ginger

I think the people that have the coins and won't be releasing them are not 'cachers' and don't frequent these forums.

This cacher has a set of these coins in their collection AND I would like to bet that they have been seen by more cachers at events than the other 4 coins we managed to get and passed on to others... who released them.. ALL of which were stolen/ kidnapped within two or three caches of being released

Lots of people saw our coins while the competition was still running and visited the Garmin site to enter .. I have a feeling that's all Garmin wanted....

Don't bother to flame me because I don't care.. It's attitudes like yours that stops CACHERS coming on this forum

I think the people that have the coins and won't be releasing them are not 'cachers' and don't frequent these forums.

This cacher has a set of these coins in their collection AND I would like to bet that they have been seen by more cachers at events than the other 4 coins we managed to get and passed on to others... who released them.. ALL of which were stolen/ kidnapped within two or three caches of being released

Lots of people saw our coins while the competition was still running and visited the Garmin site to enter .. I have a feeling that's all Garmin wanted....

Don't bother to flame me because I don't care.. It's attitudes like yours that stops CACHERS coming on this forum

Your coins ARE being seen by other cachers.

How many non-cachers have collected coins from the shops, with little, or no intention, of releasing them?

will garmin do another thing like this or do you have to be on a special list?

No idea if they'll do it again - probably not as they tend to vary their promotions. They run a promotion every now and again (this year it was the photography comp)

No lists in the past, but if you're subscribed to thier emails you'll get notifications sent to you if/when the next promotion comes up.

Maybe I haven’t explained myself properly, I missed out on collecting these free geocoins from Garmin though shops like Blacks and Millets.

I'm not sure I'm following this correctly.

According to your profile you've had one of these since August 2008???

Dear keehotee

I apologise your having problems keep up.... I missed out on collecting ALL of the Garmin Geocoins and only though a family member managed to get 1 x Garmin Big Ben this has since disappeared out in the field although a member going by the name of "Disney Nuts" has registered it has being in his procession and after many many emails to him with no answers can only assume his kicked it even though his profile shows he is still caching.

I hope yet again that this has cleared up your or any confusion....

Im starting to regret posting this straight forward request via this forum.

ginger

Edited by ginger4x4

Dear keehotee

I apologise your having problems keep up.... I missed out on collecting ALL of the Garmin Geocoins and only though a family member managed to get 1 x Garmin Big Ben this has since disappeared out in the field although a member going by the name of "Disney Nuts" has registered it has being in his procession and after many many emails to him with no answers can only assume his kicked it even though his profile shows he is still caching.

ginger

Hahaha

Don't worry - I think most people missed out on getting the full set.

In fact, I think most cachers missed out on getting even one coin.

Some of us were lucky though - I had mine posted to me by a mate after somebody else cleared out my local Blacks the day before I got there :signalviolin:

Good luck with your search though

Dear keehotee

ginger

Hahaha

Don't worry - I think most people missed out on getting the full set.

In fact, I think most cachers missed out on getting even one coin.

Some of us were lucky though - I had mine posted to me by a mate after somebody else cleared out my local Blacks the day before I got there :signalviolin:

Good luck with your search though

A set of five from our local Blacks was the set that went for £50 on ebay at the weekend.....

Don't be so sure about that....

Quite, I have seen plenty of these residing in people's coin collections and not 'released'. I wonder if we will ever see a similar promotion again? Don't hold your breath!