signature items

TheMayfieldFamily

I have read this entire getting started forum and haven't seen this answered anywhere. If i missed it I apologize. And I also know there are lots of different opinions in here hence the reason I am asking lol.

I got some "TMF" signature pieces (they are pieces of plastic cut in the shape of TMF think cookie cutter to get the picture. They are about 2 inches long by a inch high if that.) The question is if i need to put them in a baggie to let people know they are signature items or just drop them in the cache??

any thoughts on this would be great!

TheMayfieldFamily

I don't know that they need a baggie.... as long as they can withstand some water and dirt and not get damaged.

Baggies are really helpful for things like coins or bottlecaps, where someone might not know that it was a special coin or bottlecap without a baggie and/or a card identifying it.

If you do get baggies, let me suggest that you go to the bead/jewelry section of your craft store instead of using ziplocs from the grocery store. Craft baggies are a little thicker, and come in sizes that are more useful for geocaching items.

The question is if i need to put them in a baggie to let people know they are signature items or just drop them in the cache??

One reason for using the baggie is so that you can include a small piece of paper with it, so that others know it is from you. Unless you have something else engraved on it, of course.

You can also get baggies online (e.g. eBay, Royal Bags) but in order to get them at near 1 cent per bag, you'd have enough for your lifetime :mad:

And if you don't know about it, check out sigitem.com. If you want yours trackable, contact the site owner Marky through the link at the bottom of the page.