Caching Season

Summer days are longer... more time to cache, but it gets a tad warm (110 - 120)

Winter are cooler (40 - 60) but the days are short (daylight 7:30 to 4:30)

Spring is nice with the blooming flowers, but the chance of rain and/or wind is higher.

Fall has a good balance of good temperatures (70- 80) and sunset is about 7:30

I prefer the snake freezing, poison oak/ivy killing, muggle frightening, bone chilling cold.

Fall is great. Winter all the better.

You get the bone chillin temps in Alabama? :mad:

North Alabama! Land of the frozen tundra! Not South Alabama, land of the margarita!

Not nearly as much as I'd like. We do have a couple of months of weather in the 20-40 range and the occasional drop to single digits. Every now and then this strange white stuff falls from the sky- most often just freezing rain. We do see some variation in the higher elevations up here.

I prefer the snake freezing, poison oak/ivy killing, muggle frightening, bone chilling cold.

You get the bone chillin temps in Alabama? :(

I prefer winter as well, but here in central Florida, it is the only season where we don't tend to run from our air conditioned cars to our air conditioned houses. My wife happened to mention just a couple of hours ago that she is looking forward to "geocaching season."

Early Spring - the snow has melted, the leaves dropped in autumn have decomposed, no plant growth, no bugs.

Not the prettiest time of year but it makes for the easiest caching.

Definitely.

Put me down for this one too. Except maybe for the likelihood of early spring standing water for those of us who get lots of snow in the winter.

in your guys winter I would be wearing shorts out :(

yep, you can sure tell the Canucks on the beach on a cold day in December; the locals are out in their sweats, showing tan on every bit of exposed skin, and the Canadians are fishbelly white and got it all hangin' out...

Year 'round cachin' is good here - though from June to late October, a person needs to think about the heat/humidity combo in the afternoon. Temps in the upper eighties/nineties with humidity above 60% - steamy.

Late winter, early spring, generally the driest months, so a good many areas dry out, temps are moderate, really opens up exploration and caching in the swampy woods.

Early Spring - the snow has melted, the leaves dropped in autumn have decomposed, no plant growth, no bugs.

Not the prettiest time of year but it makes for the easiest caching.

Definitely.

Put me down for this one too. Except maybe for the likelihood of early spring standing water for those of us who get lots of snow in the winter.

I started Geocaching in February of this year and I preferred the conditions then. Summer caching is still fun but the bugs and heat are distracting. I was hoping that fall would be as good as late winter/early spring but so far its been too wet. The rain hasn't stopped me, in fact I am making more hides now.

When I dragged the 3 Small Dragons out to find our first cache, it was showing -6deg C on my car thermometer. When we got where we were going, the trees were sparkling with frost and when we found the cache, our cheeks were rosy and we were happy. Magical memory.

Which isn't to say that I'm not looking forward to caching in Antigua next summer... :(

Fall is my preference but winter is up there too. Spring=too many bugs and it's wet. Summer=too many deer flies and it's hot.

Winter - too darn cold for everyone else to be out and about - less chance of being muggled.

Spring - well goshdarn it I'm in such a good mood I think I'll go caching. Longer days, daylight savings begins, so I have more evening-caching hours.

Summer - Too hot during the day, so night-caching it is - no muggles around.

Autumn - at least the nasty hot weather is over, and I get out and about.

Preference? Um.... I'll be honest. I've been doing this for 2 months now, in Spring. (southern hemisphere)