Sprint Blackberry

groundup

i have the spring lotus and it has "gps navigation" meaning i can put in the street or area i wanna go and it will give me turn by turn to it i also have web on it so i can look up the cache's while out but im not sure you can use the blackberry sprint applications if its anything like my phone but (and im still a newbie so dont quote me on this) i think there is a program you can get for the BB called cacheberry.. not sure about coses

I downloaded Blackstar to my BB as soon as I saw that it was a FREE geocaching-friendly app. It works ok, but you have to pay more attention to the coords than the arrows. It did the job for us until we saved up enough money for our new eTrex! Good luck, and happy caching!

i have a verizon bb curve and i downloaded blackstar also. but i am unbale to get it too work? if anyone can help, it would greatly appreciated. my daughter is dying to go out and cache with me...........

I have a Storm, and the things I check are under options, advanced, GPS:

GPS Data Source = Device GPS

GPS Services = Location On

Location Aiding = Enabled

It can take several minutes for the GPS to aquire a signal the first time. If your Blackberry is on a corporate BES setup, you may want to check and see if there is a company policy in place that disables the GPS.

Lastly, I would also recommend Cacheberry. Great product, and great support from the author.

i have a verizon bb curve and i downloaded blackstar also. but i am unbale to get it too work? if anyone can help, it would greatly appreciated. my daughter is dying to go out and cache with me...........

Lastly, I would also recommend Cacheberry. Great product, and great support from the author.

I also highly recommend CacheBerry. I have been using it for over a year now and love it. You only pay for it once and get upgrades for life. The product is twice as good now as it was when I bought it.

I also recommend Google Maps for the BlackBerry. CacheBerry integrates with the Google Maps to show you caches right on the map. Google maps it totally free except you pay Sprint for the data usage so I highly recommend unlimited data plan.

With CacheBerry and Google Maps I can do totally paperless caching with just my phone. I still use my Vista Hcx for wilderness caching as I am always afraid I might damage the phone and I think it does better iunder heavy cover. The phone still comes in handy even then for the paperless caching aspect.

Almost every GPS app for the BB will not work with the Verizon network. I'm so happy I switched to Sprint!

I tried BlackStar on my Tour but I now have better accuracy with my new Garmin eTrex Venture HC.