New Feature - Map of all of a users owned caches on their profile page

tahoe_loren

How about adding a feature (perhaps for premium users) that provides a map showing

all the owned caches of a member accessible from their profile page- example- I

click on john q cacher's profile page, select the tab to see all of

his caches, and click a button to see them plotted on google maps?

Am posting here to see if there is any interest - Perhaps a feature would be to let the profile owner turn on or off this option.

Tahoe_Loren :P

First reaction to this proposal is wondering if it is actually possible. While many cachers have all their caches in a relatively small area (a 50-100 mile radius), how useful would the map be if their cache dispursement was several thousand miles or more?

And....... there are quite a few COs that have placements as that!

How about adding a feature (perhaps for premium users) that provides a map showing

Am posting here to see if there is any interest - Perhaps a feature would be to let the profile owner turn on or off this option.

Tahoe_Loren :mad:

The basic idea is neat to think about, but there is a way to do this as it is. It does require some work, but you can create a BM for al the caches that one person ownes and then create a PQ off that and view it in google earth or google maps. I created one of my own caches and created a map. I may use it on my profile after shrinking it down a little, but I don't see this as a feature that likely every going to happen in the suggested form. As I said, neat idea...

MYater

Tahoe_Loren :(

The basic idea is neat to think about, but there is a way to do this as it is. It does require some work, but you can create a BM for al the caches that one person ownes and then create a PQ off that and view it in google earth or google maps. I created one of my own caches and created a map. I may use it on my profile after shrinking it down a little, but I don't see this as a feature that likely every going to happen in the suggested form. As I said, neat idea...

MYater

I'd like to do that for just caches I've found--and they are scattered across the US.

It'd be a sea of yellow smilies where I live, and then more sparse as the radius increased.

There may be a way to do that and/or what Tahoe_Loren described using macro's in GSAK.