Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rockerchyck

Starter GPS for classroom

Hi Everyone!

I'm working on starting a Geocaching program in my agencies Day Treatment Program. Our hope is to use this activity to help the students become more familiar with their communities and to also give back by following a firm "cache in trash out" policy.

I'm looking for some direction around which GPS units would be best for beginners. I have 7 classrooms to outfit with units, so cost will be a factor as well. Any suggestions would be greatly apprectiated and if anyone knows where I can pick up a used GPS for cheap, that would be awesome too!

Thanks so much.....Rockerchyck :P

Magellan Trito 200 or greater. Cheap and has great graphics and colour. Set up for easy geocaching!

Jimbo

Edited by JIMORGAN

G'day Rockerchyck

Let me quickly introduce myself - my name is Warren and I actually work for the company that builds the Geomate.jr (an affordable, easy to use, geocaching-centric GPS unit).

Seeing your post I couldn't help but respond as we are currently working with some local schools to develop a geocaching based curriculum and are putting in place a little more functionality to support this type of program.

I would be happy to share additional details with you if you would like. Please email me direct at warren@apisphere.com and we can go from there.

Cheers

Warren

G'day Rockerchyck

Let me quickly introduce myself - my name is Warren and I actually work for the company that builds the Geomate.jr (an affordable, easy to use, geocaching-centric GPS unit).

Seeing your post I couldn't help but respond as we are currently working with some local schools to develop a geocaching based curriculum and are putting in place a little more functionality to support this type of program.

I would be happy to share additional details with you if you would like. Please email me direct at warren@apisphere.com and we can go from there.

Cheers

Warren

not sure of your area but many people in geocaching groups are always looking for ways to let others know about it so they would love a chance to hands on help kids if you are neer albany ny ill help and i have at least one friend and 4 units to show with but i think the geomate jr is best for you .

not sure of your area but many people in geocaching groups are always looking for ways to let others know about it so they would love a chance to hands on help kids if you are neer albany ny ill help and i have at least one friend and 4 units to show with but i think the geomate jr is best for you .

Thanks for the info! I'm in Ontario...not far from Toronto. Now that it's spring we're going to be getting the students out to start geocaching. I can't wait! The Geomate Jr seems to be the best idea. Thanks again for the offer to help....wish that could have worked out! :anicute:

M

Hi,

Providing Geocaching program in agencies Day Treatment Program is very helpful for students. You can find cheap GPS by searching online. There are lots of online shops where you find used GPS in cheap price.

Thanks for sharing

External link removed per forum policies.

Edited by markcase