CITO question..

So there is a newly placed cache where I was hoping to place one as well. Seems to be a popular place for dumping trash and I'd love to stage a little CITO event, even if it ends up being me and my girlfriend out there by ourselves. The only reason I'd like to do more than just pick up some trash and dispose of it ourselves is there seems to be some paint cans or something similar and I don't want to be in charge of disposal for something like that. I tried checking out geocaching.com/cito/ but I keep getting an error and I also tried a quick search of the forums without much help.

So yeah, is this something that I approach the parks department with(it's on the border of a park). This end of the park isn't really used, which is why I'm sure the trash accumulates here. It would be cool to work with them so they know there are caches on the property(if they dont know already) and that we're an active bunch. Also to help aid in the removal of the trash we pull out of the park since I know there will be a small pile if not a large one.

I go out to several caches and some of them just have so much trash that a couple garbage bags would never be enough. It would be really fun to stage mini CITO events once a month to help out with the caches in my area, just need a little advice to get me going since I've never looked into it.

thanks everyone!

So there is a newly placed cache where I was hoping to place one as well. Seems to be a popular place for dumping trash and I'd love to stage a little CITO event, even if it ends up being me and my girlfriend out there by ourselves. The only reason I'd like to do more than just pick up some trash and dispose of it ourselves is there seems to be some paint cans or something similar and I don't want to be in charge of disposal for something like that. I tried checking out geocaching.com/cito/ but I keep getting an error and I also tried a quick search of the forums without much help.

So yeah, is this something that I approach the parks department with(it's on the border of a park). This end of the park isn't really used, which is why I'm sure the trash accumulates here. It would be cool to work with them so they know there are caches on the property(if they dont know already) and that we're an active bunch. Also to help aid in the removal of the trash we pull out of the park since I know there will be a small pile if not a large one.

I go out to several caches and some of them just have so much trash that a couple garbage bags would never be enough. It would be really fun to stage mini CITO events once a month to help out with the caches in my area, just need a little advice to get me going since I've never looked into it.

thanks everyone!

I would suggest you post this in the NW forums and tell us which park you are looking at. Us locals can give you much better info and advice.

thanks everyone!

I would suggest you post this in the NW forums and tell us which park you are looking at. Us locals can give you much better info and advice.

you locals aren't liking me much tonight though :)

but alright, mods, delete this thread, throwing a dupe up in the NW section

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the CITO forum.

While the OP uses a single park as an example, the subject is of general interest.

If the OP chooses to start a specific thread in the applicable regional forum to promote cleanup of that one park, there would be no consequences for "double posting" or "spamming."