Anyone from Oshawa?

Seab3

Hi!

Anyone from Oshawa looking to help out a family of Newbies?

Or any newbies from Oshawa looking for someone else to fumble around with?

Reply to this topic or send me a PM.

Richard, Heather, Bryce (12), Lindsay (9)

There are lots of cachers all around you. Many don't check into the forums often (myself in taht category, just happened in here for teh first time in a couple months)

Keep an eye out for events, they are great places to meet other cachers. There may be an event in my area (Peterborough) in the next few weeks, not sure of what or where there are any others closeby right now, watch for them though.

Cachers that you may want to contact could include myself, Luc & Sweety or JungleJ, they are all active and we've done educational presentations for various groups as well.

If you have particular questions, feel free to post them, it might help out another newbie cacher(s) elsewhere. For a more local flavour, you may also want to look at the ontario geocaching association, or central ontario geocachers websites and forums.

Hi!

Anyone from Oshawa looking to help out a family of Newbies?

Or any newbies from Oshawa looking for someone else to fumble around with?

Reply to this topic or send me a PM.

Richard, Heather, Bryce (12), Lindsay (9)

Cachers that you may want to contact could include myself, Luc & Sweety or JungleJ, they are all active and we've done educational presentations for various groups as well.

If you have particular questions, feel free to post them, it might help out another newbie cacher(s) elsewhere. For a more local flavour, you may also want to look at the ontario geocaching association, or central ontario geocachers websites and forums.

The website link for the Ontario Geocaching Association (OGA) is http://www.ontgeocaching.com/

Hi Seab3 - I am from Oshawa and would be happy to answer any questions you might have. I am VERY pregnant right now so I can't sneak out to cache very much right now. As greywynd mentioned, events are a great way to meet a whole lot of cachers at once and learn a few things.

Send me an email through my profile if I can help in any way!

Have fun!

ELTADA

Hi,

I'm new to this and am in Oshawa too. I've had a couple of DNF. I find the kids get really frustrated if the cache doesn't magically jump out at them within 2 minutes. I'm stubborn and want to keep looking. I wonder if I picked the wrong time of year to start this hobby with all the extra cover from the leaves. :huh:

Thanks for the info for resources.

Capers4

Hi,

I'm new to this and am in Oshawa too. I've had a couple of DNF. I find the kids get really frustrated if the cache doesn't magically jump out at them within 2 minutes. I'm stubborn and want to keep looking. I wonder if I picked the wrong time of year to start this hobby with all the extra cover from the leaves. :huh:

Thanks for the info for resources.

Capers4

Nope, you picked the best time of year to start this addiction....er, I mean hobby. No bugs! The extra cover leaves provide really shouldn't hinder if you stop and really look around once to get to the GZ. I have two little kids (the Hooligans) and when I take them caching I try and target caches that are larger. They tend to be easier to locate and the monkeys enjoy going through all the tradables. Someone (BellyLu) sent me a list of caches that are kid friendlier, here they are:

GC11J5Y

GC1PA4Y

GC1MQ1E

GC1BYEE

One of them is incorrect, but I can't remember which one. They are all in Durham region (the incorrect one is out in Alberta). Have a look. Just remember, until you get a bit of a 'geosense', go for big caches. Once you've fed your addiction for awhile, then start targeting smaller containers.

Don't give up! Keep cachin'!