Secret Gardens

BTW, has anyone heard of a book called Secret Gardens? It is not a commercial publication, but it supposedly has clues for coordinates that identify where the story took place.

Yep, it's a classic... go to Wikipedia or your nearest library. :mad:

Thanks for the reply. The book was written recently and I don't think there were many printed. I'm interested in finding the clues in the story for the coordinates.

One letter differential, for a second I thought the OP was referring to the novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Your are going to have to give an author name because "Secret Gardens" yields results that are to convoluted to ferret out the one you want.

And your second post makes it sound like something that would be published in High Times.

One letter differential, for a second I thought the OP was referring to the novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Your are going to have to give an author name because "Secret Gardens" yields results that are to convoluted to ferret out the one you want.

And your second post makes it sound like something that would be published in High Times.

Checking out High Times is a great idea! Thanks. Also I may have a lead to someone who supposedly saw the manuscript that the book came from. Maybe I can at least find out who thw author is. I'll keep you posted.

You seem to know a fair amount wrt this non-published book.

How did you come to possess this knowledge regarding such an obscure non-published work of literature?

A friend was at a party in Key West and started reading a manuscript. A dude took it away and said it was not going to be shown outside a group of friends until it was made into a book. Sounded mysterious, but the reason it got my interest were the coordinates hidden in the story. That's all I found out, and I probably would not have payed any attentyion if I wasn't gettiing interested in geocaching.

If you don't mind, what gps would you recommend for a beginner?

If there is a book called "secret gardens" which involves clandestine growing in the woods, one may not be wise to follow any given cords to that spot. I have accidentally run into those before, they are not safe places to be ever IMHO old or not.

You have a point, but it doesn't make sense to give coordinates in any shape or form if anyone still wants to keep it a secret. What part of the country are you referring to?

Just so I'm clear, we're talking about finding a hidden crop of marijuana, right? I mean let's not beat around the bush.

How is this geocaching related again?

There are supposedly clues to the coordinates where the story took place somewhere in the great outdoors. So I guess it is GPS related. But the book has to be located to find out anything--if it exists.

Right now I'm focused on a Garmin 276 a friend is loaning me so I can get started on a real tangible adventure. I have no idea if it is appropriate for geocaching.

How did you come up with "Castle Mischief"? Great name for a Geocacher.