The Midnight Stargazer Geocoin

YemonYime

Humans have always been fascinated by the millions of tiny pinpoints scattered across the night sky. To the ancients, they were legendary heroes and creatures placed there by the gods. To astronomers and scientists, they were fascinating objects to study and analyze.

But in a much simpler way, the stars are a constant reminder of our humble place in the grand design of the universe, which tends to put the troubles of daily life in a much broader perspective.

midstar.gif

The Midnight Stargazer is a Black Nickel geocoin measuring 1.75" across, with 3D constellations under translucent enamel, and an accurate field of stars that are visible day and night! This coin is trackable at geocaching.com with the following icon:

stargazer32.gif

The front features an ancient astronomer and his telescope, with the mighty constellations of Orion and Taurus locked in their eternal battle.

The back features a couple stargazing northward upon the Big and Little Dippers (Ursa Major and Ursa Minor), with the constellation Leo the Lion prowling in from the southwest.

This geocoin will be available exclusively at The Yemonade Stand at GeoCoinFest Salt Lake City, with less than 100 geocoins minted.

Thanks for "gazing" this way. Seeya at GCF!

Yime

Ya guys are killing me!!! :D

CF30

...not that it will make you feel any better, but you're not alone... I'm trying everything possible to get out of work long enough to fly in and out this weekend just for purchasing coins!... B) well that and some note taking... :D

edited to add, BTW, another nice must have coin....

Edited by LionsLair

To everyone going to GCF:

Please buy extras of every coin that you can ... Yimes, Armadillos, Frogs, Roosters and the like.

Those of us who can't go will be clamoring to be your friend when you get back ... adding to our seeking lists, and begging for trades.

So heres to seeking lists!!

... Another nice coin Yime, for my seeking list.

Thanks for the kudos, everyone. I arrived last night in Salt Lake City and finally got the chance to see these coins in person. This was a rare time when I didn't do samples first, and I can't believe how excellent these turned out. The detail in the 3D sculpting is top notch, and really adds that "Wow" factor that I strive for with my stuff. I only made 100 of these, and I won't be making any more of this "Midnight" version.

For those of you not coming to GCF, and have asked me to hold some, I simply can't, and I'm very sorry for that. Like many of the other vendors, I wanted to make a special offering for the benefit of the event, and I need to stick to that notion.

But don't fret, stargazers, because these may appear again in different finishes later this year.

Seeya soon!

Yime

Thanks for the kudos, everyone. I arrived last night in Salt Lake City and finally got the chance to see these coins in person. This was a rare time when I didn't do samples first, and I can't believe how excellent these turned out. The detail in the 3D sculpting is top notch, and really adds that "Wow" factor that I strive for with my stuff. I only made 100 of these, and I won't be making any more of this "Midnight" version.

For those of you not coming to GCF, and have asked me to hold some, I simply can't, and I'm very sorry for that. Like many of the other vendors, I wanted to make a special offering for the benefit of the event, and I need to stick to that notion.

But don't fret, stargazers, because these may appear again in different finishes later this year.

Seeya soon!

Yime

Please do other finishes.... I look forward to that. I am not big on collecting every version (can't even think of affording that) just having one of anything science related.

Gladja like it! I've always been fascinated by the wonders in the night sky, so this one was a pleasure to bring to life. In fact, the name of my original design operation was Orion Rising Graphics. :(

Your AWESOME cache Orion Rising was one of my all time favorites. I was one of a few that was able to experience it before it become archived....

Another Great Coin!

Edited by steel city babes

Yime,

I was wondering when you were going to design a coin that will ...

Only Be Available .....

to folks here in the forums that don't get to go to ..

You Can Only Get The Coin at This Event ... Events ?

wiping away bummed out tears, " sob "

But then, Those that Do go, could always get one, ALSO :D :D ?