PDA Smart cell phone

aronnie

My contract is about up with Sprint and I'm thinking about going with Verision and I don't want text messaging ( or is called data plan), I heard you have to have data plan to use the PDA, now I'm confussed.

Is there a PDA cell phone that I can load Cachemate into with out having to subscribe to a data plan, I have heard about unlocked cell phones you can buy,what does this mean, will this allow me to use the PDA part of the phone.

Thanks for any help at making me understand the PDA cell phones because I'm lost.

An older Palm Treo (running Palm O/S not WinMo) would work fine for your scenario. I've been using a "really old" Treo 650 for many years, Cachemate works wonderfully on it and NO data plan required!

I'm not sure if Verision offers Palm Treo's(?)

Possibly a smartphone running WinMo can also be used without a data plan for Geocaching,, someone else who knows for sure need to verify this..

First let me say, "I don't know anything about Verizon."

Generally, the data plan is the service for internet activity and email service, not texting. Texting is a whole different thing and an added cost. You can purchase some smart phones without purchasing any of the plans and still utilize all of the features of the phone that aren't used by any of the "plans" you need to purchase. There are some phones, like the Iphone, that require you to purchase a data plan with it. There is no way around it.

The best thing to do is go to a verizon store and ask all these questions of a rep there or contact their 800#.

I hope this helps.