Feature Request: bookmark sort

Arrow42

I'd like to see some way to sort bookmarks other then the default of alphabetical. Here are the choices I'd like to see... perhaps there are other useful ways to sort it that I am not thinking about?

Alphabetical

Distance (From Home Location

Type (and then alphabetical)

Type (and then distance)

Found/DNF (and then alphabetical)

Found/DNF (and then distance)

Active/Disabled/Archived (and then alphabetical)

Active/Disabled/Archived (and then distance)

Set the default-default as Distance, but let the list owner switch the default to whatever suits them.

- Arrow

Edited by Arrow42

I was thinking something like this would be nice...just this morning!

There must be some underlying table with columns we can sort against.

It's a multi-table join (assuming the database was designed well, which may or may not be the case given the site's "hobby code" history), but most of that data should be available from just the tables included in that join.

The found/dnf parameters may require more lookups & horsepower to crunch.

I'd love to see the ability to sort based on distance from home coords at least.

It would also be nice if a bookmark owner could assign an order if they want. For example if you have a bookmark list of your FTFs you could order them on when you found them. (So your first FTF is first in the list, etc.)

Edited by rob3k

It would also be nice if a bookmark owner could assign an order if they want. For example if you have a bookmark list of your FTFs you could order them on when you found them. (So your first FTF is first in the list, etc.)

Well, that's easy enough to do while you're creating the list...prefix each entry with some kind of number/letter scheme that will put them in the order you choose.

e.g. Here's a bookmark list I created using a numeric prefix:

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...8f-cfd55f4e88c4

Well, that's easy enough to do while you're creating the list...prefix each entry with some kind of number/letter scheme that will put them in the order you choose.

e.g. Here's a bookmark list I created using a numeric prefix:

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...8f-cfd55f4e88c4

Ah very nice. Thanks for the tip.