Need 26 reason not to find/hide micros.

JohnE5

I'm planning on hiding 26 mirco letterboxes. Each has a letter of the alphabet stamp inside. Each letter box will be titled "Reason 1,2,3, etc. to not find a micro" I will then place a puzzle cache that has a message spelled out using those numbers stamps, i.e. 5=G 22=a.

What I need help with is coming up with 26 reason to/not to, find/not find a micro/geocache.

I'm not sure if this series might offend some cachers since they love to find/hide micros. On the other hand I don't want people of filter them directly out because of their size.

I plan on the puzzle to be huge container deep in the woods to make up for all the micro-spew in the area.

What great reasons can you think of?

Reason #22 not to find micros - You can't leave geocoins in them.

Well that's just not true. I have found coins in at least 3 micros, and left the same number. Granted, they're not common, but I wouldn't say "can't".

How about Tiny logs? Re-rolling a nano log often takes longer than finding it.

Edited by Cristo9FP

Reason #22 not to find micros - You can't leave geocoins in them.

Well that's just not true. I have found coins in at least 3 micros, and left the same number. Granted, they're not common, but I wouldn't say "can't".

How about Tiny logs? Re-rolling a nano log often takes longer than finding it.

That should be:

'U'

For unsignable log!

The dang thing is just too small to handle, and is often full when you get there.

My Reasons to not have them:

N = You can only look at so many newspaper boxes.

E = A small magnet stuck to a large electrical box - not much fun in that.

R = How do I roll the log up to fit in that micro????

L = If I have to lift up another light pole lid I'm going to scream!!!!

All in all, I don't like the micro's but they do give me a smiley face on my cache lists.

Edited by Roaring_Fork

Dude, you're offering people 26 micros before they can get to the big cache, while you yourself characterize your area as suffering from "micro-spew"? and your thinking on this is....??????

26 small or regular trading caches, leading to a huge trading cache, that I can understand. But 26 micros?? :unsure: carping about micros? color me confused

Please note, I am NOT anti-micro, and I've never bought into the "largest cache the area will support" notion.

I'm just struggling with an anti-micro micro series. Especially with an expressed concern that people will filter them based on size. Perhaps that's a clue that people really don't want to hunt them?

If you want to combat "micro-spew", try hiding trading caches.

Especially with an expressed concern that people will filter them based on size.

Perhaps that's a clue that people really don't want to hunt them?

YES! Thank you for saying that.

If I don't WANT to see a ton of Micros on my PQ then I shouldn't have to. Market this multi to your TARGET AUDIENCE: Micro lovers. Leave those of us who don't like Micros, and don't want to spend our time hunting them down, to do our own thing, please and thank you.

Especially with an expressed concern that people will filter them based on size.

If I don't WANT to see a ton of Micros on my PQ then I shouldn't have to. Market this multi to your TARGET AUDIENCE: Micro lovers. Leave those of us who don't like Micros, and don't want to spend our time hunting them down, to do our own thing, please and thank you.

While I agree that the OP's logic appears to be flawed, it should be noted that no one is forcing you to do anything.

While I agree that the OP's logic appears to be flawed, it should be noted that no one is forcing you to do anything.

Yes, but take a moment to soak up the irony. I haven't seen so much irony in a thread since TG coined the term "argue spew." This could be fun. :unsure:

Don't letterboxes have to be big enough to hold a stamper and a stamp log book? Smallest LB I've ever seen would be considered a medium sized small.

It can be done:

microbox.jpg

Although, I don't think this hider has considered that the logsheet will very likely get wet and ruin any signature stamp images.

Did I somehow imply I felt I was being forced to do something??

That being said, 1. The logic truly is... um... tortured, in my opinion and 2. I see with some frequency hiders of Micros trying to... how do I put this delicately... disguise the fact, shall I say, that the cache in question IS in fact a Micro (most commonly by stretching the guidelines and listing them as a "Small"). Now, maybe I'm reading OP incorrectly but somehow, to my mind, the comment about not wanting these to be to be filtered out (by their Micro status) smacked a bit, possibly, of dodging the issue that these Micros are in fact Micros. Why else would the topic even have been mentioned?

Now with all THAT being said, if you want to hide Micros, please, by all means hide Micros! Woohoo... Go nuts!! But LIST them as Micros and let me filter them out if that's what I want to do.

M for "Meh". (The only one worth anything in my list).

A: Angst

B: Bitter Disappointment. Oh, gee, look at the dumpster. It’s green.

C: Could have been visiting the in-laws having more fun| Crappy Logs

D: DPM.

E: Everyone hates them.

F: Funfactor Zero|| FOUND THE FU$%#R! (alternate version of FTF for Micros).

G: Garbage Hides: Garbage location: Garbage Can hide.

H: Hairy Stuff on the cache. (aka Mold).

I: Idiots and Muggles all around.

J: Justifiable Homicide if you should kill a micro placer.

K: Kill me please, I found a LPC.

L: Lame locations. LPC!||Location, Location, Location (they break all three rules).

M: Meh, Meh, Freaking Meh, and More Meh.

N: Needle in the haystack hides are NO substitute for creative.||Thanks for the needle stick (while lookign for the Micro amonst the trash).

O: Oh, No, Not another Micro (hey it's a poem and a lament).

P: Peer review: Would your peers approve? NO!||Poor containers.

Q: Quiet what’s that sound? Traffic.|| Quality? Don't make me laugh.

R: Really, You brought me here for this?

S: Sucks the fun right out of caching||Sleep Inducing cache.

T: Terrible container types.: TFTC logs

U:Ugly Locations|| U R the kind of person who likes typing in L33T and finding LPC’s.

V: Very Short Logs||

W: Wet and soggy.

X: eXasperation

Y: You will never get back the part of your life you spend looking for the micro||Yawn.

Z: Zero Funfactor||Zoolander Types enjoy them.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Thanks everyone for the great reasons!

By the way I was going for more of a tongue-in-cheek series. Micro's have their place in geocaching.

I plan on placing them in out of the way farmland that no one would care to place anything. Micros would be ideal for this farmland with a lot of suspicious farmers anything larger would most certainly get the cops called. A cacher making a quick stop at a guardrail or stop sign would be a much better fit for the area.

Just remember, you don't live near me, if you did you would know I put a lot of work into each cache. I will not be tossing film canisters out the window and calling it a cache. I have a method that will prevent any leaking micros. (And no, it is not placing them in an ammo can.)

You can easily check my profile and see that I place all different sizes. Before I moved to this area it was NOTHING but micros placed by one cacher 15 miles East of me.

Again thanks for all the reasons not to hide or find. How about all the reasons TO hide or find Micros now?

Edit for spelling.

Edited by JohnE5