***REWARD***

redjada

Trying to locate Red & Jada's Baby. It was last place in MD Cache GC1R78M on 6/2/09 and has been MIA since then. This is our first and only TB and would love to have it back home.

So we are offering to reward to the first cacher that can find our baby and get it going back to Ohio.

Please email or PM if you have any info on our baby. Thanks

RedJada

Edited by redjada

Trying to locate Red & Jada's Baby. It was last place in MD Cache GC1R78M on 6/2/09 and has been MIA since then. This is our first and only TB and would love to have it back home.

So we are offering to reward to the first cacher that can find our baby and get it going back to Ohio.

Please email or PM if you have any info on our baby. Thanks

RedJada

Hi, please don't get discouraged we lost our first 3 or 4 and were gone for over a year or 2. Some were coins (nice ones we wish we had never sent out) and a couple TBs we had hopes they would compete for distance and return by Christmas (a year ago).

Wont give you the blow by blow but some of them have shown up recently. One of the coins in fact. It was in Canada for over a year then popped up in the US just a week ago. Where as the other coin just like it was in a Geoyouths Bookbag at school in a locker less that 50 miles from its starting point (grabbed at a local event 2 years ago). We contacted this young Cacher several times and its never been returned to the wild. We finally found one of these coins (Madhatter Neverlands Gold USA) on Ebay to add to our collection because I doubt we will ever see the ones we sent out into the wild again. But we are OK with that.

We have a TB that went onto a ship with a geocaching crew member with promise it would be dropped over seas in just a few days. That was 2 years ago... Still nothing.

We also gave another cachers SCGA geocoin to a NASA employee in hopes it would be the first geocoin into space - after a year of failure it was returned to us stating it would never happen because NASA officials wouldn't allow it due to the popularity of Ground Speak geocaching participation - a month or so later another coin was taken up and brought back with an official certificate that it had gone the distance... You never know what will happen or not happen...

Here's the problem. Others don't have the same sense of urgency as the owner, some get lost in the bottom of the backpack, some dropped into a lonely cache in the middle of BFE but forgot to log and some folks drop out of Geocaching never to be heard from again and of course new Cachers treating as swag. There are as many variables as there are TBs.

Never put something out into the wild/world that you can't part with and don't let the pace in which it moves discourage you in any way about the game. Treat all TBs like you would want yours treated and just press on. Lots of the TBs travel successfully and you will find that folks will go out of there way to do the right thing (rescue, repair, replace parts of and in some rare instances take photos - it could happen) most of the time. Like a good cache, sometimes it's the quality and ability to survive the wild that determines the longevity.

We've found 4 things that help us in Geocaching; there is no whining in Geocaching, put one foot in front of the other, progress is measured in smiles and never give up!

Looks like you have done all that can be done (I assume you contacted all the possibilities) so we wish you Good Luck, just remember it's all about the Journey and Cache on!

I could be wrong about this, but I am going to throw up my 2 cents worth anyway........

(In my opinion) Offering a reward to have a traveler located/found/returned and posting same for the "world" to see probably is not a good idea (am pretty sure that I'll get comments about that statement).

It plants a seed for unscrupulous sorts to start a business of "kidnapping" travelers for ransom. Certainly, it doesn't seem like it would be a big money-making proposition, but they (the kidnappers) may have any number of reasons for taking that action.

One should not send a traveler out that one cannot bear to part with. Just like the real world, "stuff happens". Luckily in quite a few instances, "stuff unhappens" without offer of reward.

Four months may seem like a long time (Ha! It is a long time), but don't give up hope.

Hopefully your TB will reappear on the radar screen and make its' way back to you.

EDIT: Making a plea is not a bad idea, BTW. Should it be found and returned, a reward (without the offer) may certainly be awarded, your choice and perfectly acceptable.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee