Feature request: Better inventory history for caches

Valentijn77

Hi,

Is there an official way to make feature requests?

One of the things I am curious about for cache is to see their recent inventory activity. Which (Trackable) items have gone in and out.

I would expect this information to be available at the inventory history.

But the inventory history lacks a sort option to get this information easily.

By default it sorts by name. Other options are last log and distance.

What I would like to have is chronological overview of trackable item activity for this cache. The sort by last log option shows the items ordered by there last log, which can or will put items at the top of the list, while they haven't been in the applicable cache for months/years.

Just like the 'normal' cache logs are in chronological order, I would like 'trackable item' logs for a cache to be in chronological order as well.

Let me know what you think (and how to convince Groundspeak to implement it).

Thanks

By default it sorts by name. Other options are last log and distance.

What I would like to have is chronological overview of trackable item activity for this cache. The sort by last log option shows the items ordered by there last log, which can or will put items at the top of the list, while they haven't been in the applicable cache for months/years.

I support this idea!

Another interesting sort option would be by distance from your home coordinates, not so useful for trackables by cache but interesting if you are trying to locate spesific icons. For example:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.asp...75-480088f0f820

(Here sort by last log does a good job, but this was only an example.)

Another interesting sort option would be by distance from your home coordinates, not so useful for trackables by cache but interesting if you are trying to locate spesific icons.

Agreed, also good search option.

Frankly I don't understand why the chronological search option isn't already there, as it's probably the first thing that came to mind when I found my first cache.

Pitty the geocache platform isn't open-source, otherwise I could have contributed some development.

Edited by Opperpanter

You've posted a thread requesting the feature, and the Lackey's read this forum. That's all you need to do.

They may or may not respond in the thread. And they may or may not implement it.

Okay.

A nice thing would be to have some kind of issue tracker in which to report bugs, but also geature requests.

Or at least a specific forum for feature requests.