TB with someone since July

Dusty_

Hi,

another geocacher picked up my TB on July 22nd.

It is with him since then. I tried emailing him several times but he did neither act nor respond.

Is there any other way? Would it not make sense to kick people from this platform if they don't stick to the rules?

David

No, there isn't any other way, you've done all you can.

A 10 week hold for a TB isn't very unusual. A bit frustrating, yes, but not unusual.

Some would say that by emailing "several times" you may make the situation worse by annoying the cacher so I think the best course of action now is to sit back, wait and hope...

There are stories on these forums of TBs that sit around without moving anywhere for several months... or even years... then suddenly they become active again! :lol:

So don't give up hope yet.

MrsB

Hi,

another geocacher picked up my TB on July 22nd.

It is with him since then. I tried emailing him several times but he did neither act nor respond.

Is there any other way? Would it not make sense to kick people from this platform if they don't stick to the rules?

Looks like the cacher who has yours has a total of 7 TBs & 1 GC in his inventory all picked up in July.

That's not a good sign. :lol:

-make that 2 GCs

Edited by mfamilee

After a year you can consider the bug lost and re-release it with the copy tag.

Well this guy looks like he is just collecting them.

Having 8 items in his hands I don't believe he will release any of them anymroe.

There should be a way of banning these people from this forum to stop them from stealing items.

There should be a way of banning these people from this forum to stop them from stealing items.

Holding a travel bug, even permanently, isn't stealing, no matter how much you disagree.

All of you people complaining about someone holding "your" travel bug, or "your" geocoin need to accept the simple truth that, the moment you abandon something in a flimsy container on public land, it ceases to be yours.

...and here you are wanting to ban people for doing absolutely nothing wrong... :P

Edited by c0ng0b0ng0

Actually the traveler does still belong to me but banning someone won't get it back or prevent them from getting more.

This is sad... :P My friend-muggle saw one TB, which I picked up once and he said he likes it... I'm confused, I invested to 2 GCs (they have been sent to me) and I hope some geo-thief won't come and steal this cool GC for himself! Grrr!

I was on hunt and I had to find 1 GC and 1 TB - but they have been "taken" :D ! BOTH!