vista hcx and more than one map set?

I am trying to put some of topo 2008 and 2 other free maps on someones vista hcx sd card with no luck. I only see one map set showing every time no matter what. I am familiar with the venture hc but it did not do such things. Any suggestions for getting her routeable too?

Edited by kentwoodkrew

All the map tiles you wish to send to the data card must be sent at one time. When you're selecting tiles in mapsource, select the first set, then go the the drop down menu in the top left, select a different map product, select the tiles you want from that one, then back to the drop down, select yet another map product, select tiles....so on and so forth until all tiles wanted are selected. Check the "maps" tab in the side bar. You should see tiles from all the different products. Then hit "send to GPS" You should be on your way. Mapsource comes with a manual for reference in .pdf format. It should be in your "garmin" folder under program files. It explains this process in detail. If you don't have it it can be downloaded here: http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/MapSource_M...eUsersGuide.pdf

If you have any other questions, problems, ect. feel free to post back. I'll help in any way that I can.

All the best.

I am trying to put some of topo 2008 and 2 other free maps on someones vista hcx sd card with no luck. I only see one map set showing every time no matter what. I am familiar with the venture hc but it did not do such things. Any suggestions for getting her routeable too?

e

maps need to be loaded all at once as the other poster said. free maps from gpsfiledepot do not support routing. if you want to route, get city navigator maps from garmin.

Where do you find these "tiles"? I cannot select maps to download, I can go to the upper left and see the maps, and open them, and send them to device. Is there another way to do it?

BTW, I have read this thread and decided to put the GA and NC maps on my vista. I would like SC maps to. First I would like to get these to work though. :D

Here is a screenshot from mapsource. Am I missing a part of the program? It won't run unlock wizard, it says I need to "reinstall the software". I already have reinstalled it a million times trying to add various gps's, and the maps aren't locked so I must be missing something.

3988619960_2d0c76d1d3_b.jpg

You don't need to run unlock wizard.

1. In Mapsource click on the "Map Tool" button - is the one highlighted in yellow just to the left of the hour glass and click on all of the map segments in the GA topo you want to transfer to your GPS. You can hold the Crtl button down and select multiple map segments at once or draw / drag a box around all of the map segments at once any of the 3 methods is ok. When you click on the map segments they will turn pink and appear in the far left under the "Maps" category heading

2. Now go to the "Select A Product" box - is the one with the drop down arrow that says Georgia Topo in your above screen shot. Click on the arrow and highlight your NC maps, now they will appear on the screen and use the same procedure for selecting the NC maps as you did for the GA maps. Repeat for SC maps. All of the maps you selected (turned pink) for GA, NC, & SC will now appear in one file in your Maps box.

3. Be sure to note what your file size is and the number of map segments you have selected for transferring. This information is at the bottom left of the Mapsource page when you have the Map category selected, be sure not to exceed the memory of your unit or 2,025 map segments which ever is reached first.

4. Save file (not a necessity but good to do in case you want it later)

5. Connect GPS and click on "Send to Device", your GPS should be recognized by Mapsource. If it is not then download/install the drivers file from Garmin.com

6. Transfer your single map file containg topos for both GA, NC, & SC to GPS. If you later decide you want to add another map then you need to add it to this file and resend all maps to unit again. Otherwise you will delete exisiting maps on GPS each time you load new maps to it.

Thanks for the info! I made maqsource update cause it said I should, then went in and figured out the map tool thing. Oddly, I could go into unlock maps, it said I didnt' need to.

I better save that file, it took awhile for all this to happen. I havn't found the SC map yet but apparently the part of SC I go to is overlapped by the GA map.

Where do you find these "tiles"? I cannot select maps to download, I can go to the upper left and see the maps, and open them, and send them to device. Is there another way to do it?

BTW, I have read this thread and decided to put the GA and NC maps on my vista. I would like SC maps to. First I would like to get these to work though. :D

A tutorial for loading maps with MapSource or MapInstall is here:

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-...armin-gps-unit/