Sacramento Bound

Nerves

:) I'm heading back to SMF in December so I'll be bookmarking the caches you recommend that I *must do*. ;)

Earlier this year I did Rubber Paws Tree and loved that. Also took the back roads down to Locke and over to

Placerville and Amador which was great. I really don't want to do the shopping plaza caches in Sacramento but I'm not keen on hiking alone in snake country either. Soooooooo...I'll be interested in what you suggest.

Thanks~~

:laughing: I'm heading back to SMF in December so I'll be bookmarking the caches you recommend that I *must do*. :lol:

Earlier this year I did Rubber Paws Tree and loved that. Also took the back roads down to Locke and over to

Placerville and Amador which was great. I really don't want to do the shopping plaza caches in Sacramento but I'm not keen on hiking alone in snake country either. Soooooooo...I'll be interested in what you suggest.

Thanks~~

Nocturnal Immersion

Put this one on your list for certain. :)

Odd - that cache is unpublished! I'm sure it's a good one given the number of finds that you have (7000 - congratulations) and the number of hides (227) but it seems a little self serving to suggest it as a must do when no one has done it yet.

Anyway, back on topic, I know you've said that you're not a hiker but there are hundreds of great caches along the American river and many are on well established trails. Also, you mentioned the route you trekked the last time so I would suggest continuing the route but on the north side of Highway 50 and definitely include Apple Hill, Grass Valley, and Nevada City.

Finally, I used to live in Sacramento before moving back to Texas last December and it's where I began my geocaching adventure, so more than half of my finds are there. These are cachers whose hides I've enjoyed looking for:

lancemac, CampinCrazy, alirose114, LewisClan77, SacCommish, sailorscodgers, and Fogg's Posse

I'm sure they have some duds too but mostly I have found their hides enjoyable.

Here is the correct link to GC1N4ZQ Nocturnal Immersion (A Night Cache). I have planned on doing that one.

Also the cache hiders of that cache, SWiggles and CalKids, have a lot of nice caches along this area of the American River. I also have a few caches along the river and I am the person who adopted mickaxl's caches after he left. If you click on the link for the above mentioned cache, you will see some bookmark lists in the bottom right corner that you could down load to visit in the area. In fact one of them is titled "Calkids and Swiggles".

Good luck.

Here is the correct link to GC1N4ZQ Nocturnal Immersion (A Night Cache). I have planned on doing that one.

Also the cache hiders of that cache, SWiggles and CalKids, have a lot of nice caches along this area of the American River. I also have a few caches along the river and I am the person who adopted mickaxl's caches after he left. If you click on the link for the above mentioned cache, you will see some bookmark lists in the bottom right corner that you could down load to visit in the area. In fact one of them is titled "Calkids and Swiggles".

Good luck.

Then apologies to Photom for presuming that the result of the broken link was an unpublished cache by Photom.