Garmin eTrex Vista Screen Replacement

And afterwards, add a good quality screen protector like ZAGG or INVISISHEILD, that will fill in any remaining deep scratches and protect it from further damage plus it should also make it look like new again.

Turnaround time is terrible in Canada not to mention they probably will want to charge you the standard repair cost which is like $150 i think. If you still want to go that route, insist on paying the extra cost and ship it to a US repair depot.

Well I tried polishing the scratches out but they still are visable as they are too deep to completely remove. I work in a composite shop and even using 1200+ foam pads and rubbing compound the result was the same.

Since I really like my Vista C I decided to bite the bullet and send it in for repair (Raytech in Canada) to also get the rubber grip replaced (yes I have reattached it several times :laughing: ). I was surpirised to find out that my GPS will be replaced with a completely refurbished GPS which the service center says will look just like it is brand new with the latest software etc. The flat rate cost plus insured return shipping came to $147 including taxes so I am pretty happy with that since the GPS will be good as new! :laughing:

Next investment will be screen protectors! :ph34r:

Thanks everyone for their suggestions

Gecko

Update: Got my exchanged Vista C back from Raytech this morning and I have to say I am very pleased with the service that I received. I sent my old scratched up GPS in a week ago and 10 days later a totally "like new" exchange GPS! Considering the distance from BC to Quebec and back and the processing that was really quick.

No issues when I uploaded maps from Mapsource of data transfer from GSAK. I'm back on the Geocaching trail this afternoon. Life is good! ;)

Gecko