Request New Search Option

GrnXnham

I would really like it if we had the option to search by "Number of users watching the cache."

Many times the better caches have more users watching them. If we could do a search based on the number of users watching the cache, it would help us find some of the most interesting caches among a plethora of LPC's.

An interesting idea.

However, I own caches that have been archived for two years, with 8-10 users still watching them.

Certainly you can filter out archived caches, but the point is that many will put a watch on a cache, and then forget about it. Were they watching because it was a good cache, or maybe because it was pitifully bad...

There may be a few caches watched because they were bad but I'm just talking generalities here.

IN GENERAL I've noticed that caches with 15 people watching it tend to be more interesting than caches with 1 person watching it. Will there be exceptions to this? Of course!

No search function like this will ever be perfect at weeding out certain caches. I'm just looking for one more tool to help find popular/cool/well done caches.

I would really like it if we had the option to search by "Number of users watching the cache."

Many times the better caches have more users watching them. If we could do a search based on the number of users watching the cache, it would help us find some of the most interesting caches among a plethora of LPC's.

Maybe it is just me, but this sounds very simular to the whole cache rating system that GS/GC has said they do not want to implement. It would just be based on on the number of cachers watching a cache versus what the ranking would be. And this would not address the number of caches watched via a bookmark that is not public, you wouldn't know how many people are watching in that fasion as well.... :P

MYater