Garden Route

CapeDoc

Do you want roadside caches or do you want to walk before the Otter.

If you feel like a walk:

Kingfisher Magic forest by Hannes & Pieter (GC1KKH9)

Gold diggers treasure chest by kolacaching (GCRR96) - highly recommended

TF2 Ben Blain by Trackinfind (GCV87K)

Stop and grabs:

Little Paradise by Snuifhond (GC1YXCT) - the final co-ords are on the cache page - nice one on Leisure Island, Knysna

Grandma Bettie's by phwol (GC1NPAN) - a quick one at Groot Brak - nice shop.

Secret Wings #4 - the market place by anlufu (GCVWPK) - a quick one in Sedgefield

Hope that is of some help.

Give me a call if you want more info.

I of course expect a news letter story! :lol:

Enjoy the trail - it is wonderful and so relaxing.

When we went up last Thursday there were no roadworks between Swellendam and Natures Valley. You should reach Tsitsikamma without any problems.

We normally travel along the N1 to Worcester, Robertson, Ashton and then on to Swellendam in order to miss the Somerset West robots.

Edited by cownchicken

When we went up last Thursday there were no roadworks between Swellendam and Natures Valley. You should reach Tsitsikamma without any problems.

We normally travel along the N1 to Worcester, Robertson, Ashton and then on to Swelldam in order to miss the Somerset West robots.

Will probably do the same. Thanks J

Doc

When you come to the end of the Trail at Natures Valley you will come to Valley View (GC8E48) high up on whatever you call that beach mountain thingy ! This will be a chance to pause at the end of the trail and enjoy the view from above and to do do this eight year old cache which still has its original log book - now full!!!

I was the last person to find the cache (did not do the Otter, just walked up to get the cache from Natures Valley) and my Far-Jar-Hug post a maintenance note to which Charles Merry responded that he would not be able to attend to it until much later. Charles requested the next finder to please bring a new log book. We literally took up the last space in the books cover.

So Doc please pack in a new log book for the cache. The cache is as stated an ice-cream container or sized thereabouts anyway. If you have space for some nicknacks it might be nice to restock the cache as well as their was not much of interest in it apart from the log book. The cache was in good condition but probably a good idea to package the new log book in a new ziploc.

You might also consider contacting Charles to see if he wants to have the old log book retrieved - 8 years is quite some history - or if you should leave it in the cache for future finders to peruse.

Most of all have fun on the walk you lucky soul!

Trev

Doc

When you come to the end of the Trail at Natures Valley you will come to Valley View (GC8E48) high up on whatever you call that beach mountain thingy ! This will be a chance to pause at the end of the trail and enjoy the view from above and to do do this eight year old cache which still has its original log book - now full!!!

I was the last person to find the cache (did not do the Otter, just walked up to get the cache from Natures Valley) and my Far-Jar-Hug post a maintenance note to which Charles Merry responded that he would not be able to attend to it until much later. Charles requested the next finder to please bring a new log book. We literally took up the last space in the books cover.

So Doc please pack in a new log book for the cache. The cache is as stated an ice-cream container or sized thereabouts anyway. If you have space for some nicknacks it might be nice to restock the cache as well as their was not much of interest in it apart from the log book. The cache was in good condition but probably a good idea to package the new log book in a new ziploc.

You might also consider contacting Charles to see if he wants to have the old log book retrieved - 8 years is quite some history - or if you should leave it in the cache for future finders to peruse.

Most of all have fun on the walk you lucky soul!

Trev

Ha! Just take a log book!.......Well there goes the biltong! :lol: LOL

Will do Trev! :)

Hi there Doc...

Two caches stood out for me from the trip I did that way about six months ago...

1> The Island - Memories and Sacrifices (GerhardoosMPsa) (GC1PCCA)

2> Storms Death Walk (Vespax) (GCVCB4).

Both of them is fairly tricky though, and could take a bit of time...

Enjoy your trip...

I'll keep an eye out for your logs...