Multi-cache

Crafty Turtle

I am planning a multi....

The cache itself is at the creek - a box: locked with a 3-digit combination lock.

The 3 digits are my house number up the road (1/4 mile, tops). It's clearly visible on the letterbox.

Which way round should I do this?

Option 1 - the traditional way round___

If I do the letterbox first, I have to have the co-ordinates for the real cache on (at the back of) the letterbox, plus a note to remember the house number.

This means

A. ppl would have to step onto my property (which I don't have a problem with, but they might), and

B. I have landscapers there till Christmas, so there's a high chance of being muggled. Not to mention the landscaper asking me what's these coords on the letterbox for. Yeah, right, like he won't notice? :lol:

Option 2___

If I do the actual cache first, I need to put the coords of where the lock-code is to be found, and they have to head up the hill (with our without the cache), find the number (from a strategic non-chalant distance), and come back down the hill to replace the cache

Option 1 is more risk of being spotted, whereas Option 2 involves retracing steps. Both fairly minor, but I'd still like opinions. And how do I get around the obstacles?

Opinions? Advice?