Advice needed

Louise_Gerhard

I am planning a serious trip to Pietersburg/Tzaneen to get to my 1000 cache find – I hope and DV. This will need a huge push. I have no idea what surprise is awaiting me that side. :lol:

Questions:

1. Any specific caches that is a must do. Ok, skip Blouberg for the funny cachers out there.

2. Is the waypoints accurate or must I be prepared to search at a 10 metre radius.

3. The caches inside the reserve at Pietersburg are it worth doing?

4. Are the clues meaningful?

5. Is it safe – I am doing it alone with no backup?

6. Are there any caches that I must skip for safety reasons?

7. Are the locations good and is it worth it?

8. Is the water drinkable in small streams?

9. Anything lese that I need to know?

Wazat, now it is your turn. If you are available than you have to get to Johannesburg on Friday. I will pay for the accommodation on Saturday night at Pietersburg. We will stay over and we will probably be back in Gauteng at about 23h00 on Sunday. :)

But in turn you will be doing some serious caching until you drop. No food, no drink, no rest and we will move fast and quickly though the forest and along gravel roads. No walking from the car - we will be running and we will find it at a pace. We will push numbers as fast as possible. I am busy researching the cachers that visited this area before and I am busy compiling routes based on their cache finds. I have identified two caches that will require 4x4. We will move in the dark while the sun is still asleep and we will be still be at it when the sun set. Drop me an e-mail if you want to come along for this one. We have a 80% chance for thunderstorms and heavy rain - sounds like a lot of fun.

Any advice both online and offline will be appreciated.

Gerhard

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

I am planning a serious trip to Pietersburg/Tzaneen to get to my 1000 cache find

Whoa, and I thought I was catching up with you! The other day we had the same number of finds, and then suddenly - bang! - you add almost 100 more finds... q:

Here's a bit of motivation - let's see who gets to 1000 first... I'm hoping to have 900 by Monday.

Besem, you are too late. If I move I move. Only problem is that the DNF's are finding me just as quick. Ek was sleg raak gery deur 'n jakkals en 'n eend daar in die bosse en klowe. Nie een keer nie maar aan mekaar is daar oor my gery. Daar was ek gestamp todat ek sommer mak geword het en weer op die grond is. Sal die DNF's more begin log. Dit behoort 'n tyd te vat :) Besem, jy behoort eerste te wees by die 2000 merk. Ek sal jou probeer vang by die 5000 merk. :lol:

I was looking at my stats and I noticed that your name appeared as #7 on my list of cache finds. You have found 8 of my caches. I have to check the log books something is cooking. (LOL) You are moving quick.

Gerhard

Edited by gerhardoosMPsa

Besem, you are too late. If I move I move. Only problem is that the DNF's are finding me just as quick. Ek was sleg raak gery deur 'n jakkals en 'n eend daar in die bosse en klowe. Nie een keer nie maar aan mekaar is daar oor my gery. Daar was ek gestamp todat ek sommer mak geword het en weer op die grond is. Sal die DNF's more begin log. Dit behoort 'n tyd te vat :blink: Besem, jy behoort eerste te wees by die 2000 merk. Ek sal jou probeer vang by die 5000 merk. :unsure:

I was looking at my stats and I noticed that your name appeared as #7 on my list of cache finds. You have found 8 of my caches. I have to check the log books something is cooking. (LOL) You are moving quick.

Gerhard

Sjoe, jy laat nie op jou wag nie! Baie geluk met die vier syfers! Nou kan ek maar rustig voortgaan met my volgende 100, want ek dink nie daar is nou meer iemand kort op my hakke nie.

Iets is definitief fout met GSAK - ek het nog net 3 van jou caches gekry.

Ek ken van DNFs wat 'n stok in 'n wiel kan indruk... ek het in Nederland een dag gepush vir 50 finds in 'n dag. En ek het meer as 50 caches in die dag besoek, maar net 32 van hulle gekry... groot frustrasie. Vandag selfs, toe ek gemik het vir 900, het 2 DNFs my amper laat gemaak vir die krieket! q:

Ek kom cache die naweek bietjie halfpad-na-jou-valley (Dullstroom). Ek sien daar het 'n paar nuwe caches intussen bygekom vandag ek laasjaar daar was! En dan is dit Durban later die maand - sien uit daarna om nog 'n provinsie op my kaart te kan rooi inkleur. (;