ENDANGERED EARTH GEOCOIN

CinemaBoxers

ENDANGERED EARTH GEOCOIN

eefinal.jpg

Hello everyone!

Im posting to let everyone know about a new coin I've designed, and am preparing to put into production!

I call it the 'ENDANGERED EARTH GEOCOIN'. I've been working for a while to do something on a larger scale - this is a 2 inch coin, with translucent enamels. It features Endangered Species on one side, and Extinct Species on the other. Of course, trackable, with its own icons.

Front: Polar Bear, Elephant, Tiger, Gorilla

Back: Sabretooth, Mammoth, T-Rex, Thylacine

All animals feature fur/skin textures under enamel - and the background of the coin will be in various layers/textures. =)

I had alot of fun working on this one, and wanted to share it as I was preparing it for production.

I am in the process of wrapping up the blueprint - and am pleased to say the mint has captured ALL of the details as shown, with nothing being simplified. Im working on a few minor color changes, but will post the blueprint when I have the final version. :drama:

I have several ideas for metal/color variations, and am also working on those. I wanted to post and get an idea of interest - and because I wanted to share!! I love nature themes, and am very proud of this design, mainly because the details in the coin will not be lost - and I was able to fit so many in!

No pre-sales - I will be posting about its production/arrival as it progresses, and will notify everyone about the sale as the coin is nearing finish.

I hope you all love it!

Thanks for all the kind replies!! I'm so glad you all like it!

Its going to be even better in person - I have a two toned version planned. :drama:

This coin has been in the works for some time - I've really just taken my time to make sure it was 'ready'!

And, that Tranquility is coming - I'm still working on the details. Im taking my time so that the people who loved the original Tranq will like the new version as much - hopefully more!!!

Again, thanks everyone - I really appreciate all of your replies!

That's AMAZING and I LOVE IT and I will have to get one!!

One request if it's not too late...Please use something other than Papyrus on the back. :)

I will now put my font elitist back into its box and go back to admiring the beautiful artwork and imagining how it will look as a coin!! :drama:

Edit to add: I agree about a presale. I don't have the greatest luck with getting coins during opening sales. :D

Edited by anne.and.eli

No Presales on this one - Ill be posting with plenty of sale info here and on my FB page!!

And, sorry I'll agree to disagree on this one - Love Papyrus in this use - the font needed to be a secondary feature. I've used it before sparingly- the font should never overpower the design. :drama: I like subtle, and understated. (And I HATE blocky fonts!)

It's very nice. Where will they be sold since your website went with the other half of your caching nick?

LOL I'll likely do it the old fashioned way, or will have my own sale page set up by then!

No worries - Ill make sure everyone gets all the info needed.

And, thank you for the compliment - means alot to me that you all like it. :drama:

No Presales on this one - Ill be posting with plenty of sale info here and on my FB page!!

And, sorry I'll agree to disagree on this one - Love Papyrus in this use - the font needed to be a secondary feature. I've used it before sparingly- the font should never overpower the design. :D I like subtle, and understated. (And I HATE blocky fonts!)

Perfectly fair!! I mostly just dislike it due to it's overuse in the past few years, which isn't a great reason to not like a font. It's your coin, you should be happy with it, and heavens knows I'll buy it anyway. :)

My inner font snob can just DEAL. :drama:

Seriously, there's an amazing amount of work in the coin, I can't wait to see it in metal form. :)

Perfectly fair!! I mostly just dislike it due to it's overuse in the past few years, which isn't a great reason to not like a font. It's your coin, you should be happy with it, and heavens knows I'll buy it anyway. :)

My inner font snob can just DEAL. :drama:

Seriously, there's an amazing amount of work in the coin, I can't wait to see it in metal form. :)

Yeah, I try to stay away from looking at whats been used, and try and pick the one that fits the style best...

This one was just suited for something understated - it fit the bill! :D

Thank you for the compliments!! It should be lovely as a finished coin. I remember when I was working on the Tranquility, I got more and more excited as I got nearer to finishing it - which was the same with this one.

Im VERY excited about all the details!!

WOW...Stunning what I can see yet.

I am lucky to look up the forum once in a while.

Do I have to look up every day now, or is there a newsletter about this GREAT COIN?

upps, just saw the enabling field.

It`s a MUST for my collection. I don`t think about money now, better not.LOL

My greatest compliments

Love this Endangered Earth Geocoin, You did a remarkable job from what we see so far. Have a question, you know what would be real cool, That part of the proceedings go toward to help save these endangered Animals, What you think of this? We donate to the Zoo's and to pretty much anything to save a life of any kind of animal. Can you tell yet we are big time ANIMAL LOVERS? We think alot more people would purchase your coin just because of this factor. We plan on purchasing one when they become available. Thank You Paula and Congrats on making such a beautiful and meaningful geocoin :lol:

Oh no - there will be a few versions, but I'll be restricting this to limited numbers. ;) Keeping it limited - won't be huge amounts made.

Even the upcoming new Tranquility won't have as many versions as the first. As a side note - its coming along wonderfully, and Im VERY excited.

I will be posting with new information fairly soon on the V2 Tranquility.

As far as proceeds - I had planned on running an auction for a special edition, but before I go promising any proceeds from the general run - I need to make sure they pay for themselves. It would have been more reasonable to do this smaller, but I chose to go the pricier minting route and do the two inch/thicker version. =) 1.75 just wouldn't have been as detailed!!!

Again, thank you all SO much for the compliments!

I really really really like this coin! :lol:

When I first saw it my mouth dropped due to a recent conversation between myself and another cacher ... polar bears and elephants being mentioned. This coin reminds me of the discovery channel/animal planet documentaries that my father and I use to watch on TV! BEATIFUL!

I cannot wait the final product to be out and for these to go on sale :)

As far as proceeds - I had planned on running an auction for a special edition, but before I go promising any proceeds from the general run - I need to make sure they pay for themselves. It would have been more reasonable to do this smaller, but I chose to go the pricier minting route and do the two inch/thicker version. =) 1.75 just wouldn't have been as detailed!!!

I agree that it would be a great idea to donate some of the proceeds toward a good conservation group - World Wildlife Fund, Conservation Int'l, etc. I understand you don't want to lose money on these, so maybe add a dollar or two to what you would have charged anyway? I think most folks would be willing to pay a little extra for that. I know I would! :)

Just a thought...

And I also agree with everyone that the coin is quite gorgeous. Well done!

Edited by TofuGrrl