Release Notes 10/06/09

OpinioNate

What is the function of "Offline Pocket Queries"? (I uploaded a file just to see if I could make sense of it but I can't.)

I was wondering that myself. :)

I think that is the ability to download your PQ's to your phone with an App like the geocaching app. I am able to download PQ's to my Iphone but only if I have already run one from the site.

This is just a guess.

Good guess. This lets you massage the data offline and reupload (say with adjusted coords for puzzles) to the site.

Full explanation here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=4086591

I uploaded a couple of GPX files as ZIPs (in another thread somebody else said they tried GPX and ZIP and they're having the same issue as me) using this new Offline Pocket Query feature...however, I can't seem to find any way to access them from my iPhone. :)

Are we expecting an iPhone app update (I'm currently on v2.3.1) to allow accessing these Offline Pocket Queries? Or is something currently broken? Or am I missing something that isn't terribly obvious?

Thanks,

fegan

5145: Increase max number of results in bookmark list

Added options for 100, 150 and 200 bookmarks displayed

This is very welcome, but does not appear to work correctly. The bookmark list I'm looking at is Backbone Trail. There are 122 caches in the list. However, when I ask to display 150 or 200, I only get 100 and the paging links are messed up. It looks a lot like the problems we had displaying 50 caches per page until a few months ago (though I doubt it's identical).

12419: Change title of bookmark page to bookmark title

Fixed page title and breadcrumb to display user-generated title of bookmark

This does not appear to be working either. Specifically, it works when first linking to the bookmark list, but then becomes just "Geocaching -" after changing the number of entries displayed.

I tried both situations in both Firefox and Opera and got the same results in both.

Edward

Edited by paleolith
I tried the Backbone Trail bookmark list in IE. When I select 150 or 200, the entire list displays and when I select 50 the paging links work correctly.

Are you sure you're getting the entire list? The last cache is Water Cache. I see the last cache displayed is Quarter Cache Oregon, which is #91 on the list.

In fact, I'm seeing 91 as a magic number. Here's another bookmark list I looked at. I have the same problem with that list; when I ask for 100 or more per page, it only displays 91 (not 100 as I originally thought). It also skips the missing ones when going to the next page -- on the Backbone Trail list, asking for 100 shows Quarter Cache Oregon as the last on the page, and the next 9 are skipped when going to the next page.

I've also seen 91 displayed when I asked for 20, though I didn't record the details.

OK, I held my nose and fired up IE. Exactly the same problem there as in Firefox and Opera.

Maybe someone is working on it? This morning, links in the bookmark list description are broken (displaying in plain text rather than as links). Looks like another old problem coming back, and that one was always intermittent.

Also, I'm seeing that choices greater than 50 are not saved but always revert to 50.

Personally I'd prefer to just have a user option for number of caches per page. Probably would make the web programming easier too.

Edward

You're right paleolith! When I first tried it I just scrolled to the bottom of the page and believed what I was seeing on the total records line. That and the fact that there was no next page. I just manually counted and came up with your 91.

Hello,

Since we are talking about my Backbone Trail list, I have noticed that since the update, I can no longer edit the comments on the individual entries in the list. I get the "An Error Has Occurred" reporting form.

You're right paleolith! When I first tried it I just scrolled to the bottom of the page and believed what I was seeing on the total records line. That and the fact that there was no next page. I just manually counted and came up with your 91.

Hello,

Since we are talking about my Backbone Trail list, I have noticed that since the update, I can no longer edit the comments on the individual entries in the list. I get the "An Error Has Occurred" reporting form.

That's a different thread...http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=233480

5145: Increase max number of results in bookmark list

Added options for 100, 150 and 200 bookmarks displayed

I do not see these options. Where are they?

Top right on the displayes list. However:

I have one list which contains 177 caches:

177 Not Shared Dean's found

by sejtam Caches Dean found [Edit] [View] [Create Pocket Query] [Download Google Earth KML]

When I display that and select '200' it redisplays, but it only lists ca 92 caches, yet it shows as last cache something starting with M and claims it displayed all:

EE

12.3km Multi-cacheMagical Moss [Edit]

Total Records: 177 - Page: 1 of 1 - Prev. << <[1]> >> Next

When I display in batches od 20, the last page ends:

NWNW

10126.9km Traditional CacheZielinskissimus Agetatio [Edit]

Total Records: 177 - Page: 9 of 9 - Prev. << <[1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]> >> Next

100 and 150 also display about 92 on the first page, but allow to see the rest later..

Yep, same problem I reported almost three weeks ago, and no response from GS. Nate? Is this on the bugt list? I guess it's not as high priority as the inability to edit bookmarks -- the workaround for this one is simply to stick with 50 caches/page, which is easier than the delete/recreate workaround for the other -- but it's still a major bug.

Edward