Different ? about 24K Topo

csacsa

After installing 24K Topo for the SW. Should there be a new choice in the drop down box in Mapsource on my computer for just 24k Topo? If so, it's not there.

I have the same problem. See if you can find it in the BaseCamp program. Mine shows up (both 24k West and Southwest) in BaseCamp but not in Mapsource. Anybody know how to get them to show up in Mapsource?

After installing 24K Topo for the SW. Should there be a new choice in the drop down box in Mapsource on my computer for just 24k Topo? If so, it's not there.
The Map Source drop-down menu shows all of my installed maps, both those I've bought from Garmin -- which includes the 24K SW TOPO maps -- and the free map sets I installed gpsfiledepot dot com so yes; I'm going to say that those maps should be showing up in your MapSource drop-down menu as well. Edited by Jupiter_Jack
Do you have the newest Mapsource? You need the newer one (6.14 +) to see newer "style" maps.
Well that sucks. I've heard too many horror stories about Mapsource after ver.6.13.7. $80 bucks for nothing.

That's certainly an over reaction. Other than the known problem saving GPX files, simple workaround, I've found 6.15.6 to work very well. It has the distinct advantage of making back roads much more visible too.