ISO: inexpensive coins for an event

Knight2000

Hosting an event on the 11th and my plan for ammo cans as prizes fell through. (They doubled in price from $5 to $10 a pop!)

Plan B. Looking to buy some inexpensive coins/TB's. I suppose I could go to a web site but I'm imagining this is a good place too.

Can anyone hook me up with a deal? The less they are the more we can give out! :)

It's an outdoorsy event. Looking to buy maybe 6 coins.

Thanks!!

For two years I worked with a local historical society which also has a nature preserve. It is a wonderfully historic place with tons of [cool!] history. It used to be a rough place where miners came to drink and such. There were no less than 7 saloons in 700' of road! Plus the family that founded it had a woolen mill among other things. You can still see the mill race and pond that goes to the mill! The mill is rebuilt but it houses a small museum and they give a short presentation for us!

Anyway after acquiring permission and tons of hours with research and cache design we came up with a series of caches that all have history behind them. It's actually a great cache series and we have had a lot of cool comments.

To celebrate in June we had an event. (Our first!) It was awesome. At least 25 kids and 50 adults. It was so much fun and the cachers we so great we were welcomed back.

They do not open to the public for events but it is basically a park. We also have permission for night caching! It's in a hollow so it is really dark. Lots of myths and lore about all of the ghosts here. People that live there don't believe it but people come from all over to "see" things.

It was so much fun we planned a second event! Pot luck, bonfire and more night caches! They are strict about NOT being open at night because of the type of crowd this place draws especially this time of year.

Night caches poker run style with prizes.

I have only touched on the history of this place. It is really cool and I am grateful that they have welcomed us. If anyone cares they can read about the history in our cache pages.

Need prizes! :) Well, don't need- but we want to have an another awesome event!

Wow. That sounds like a lot of fun. I lived in Wadsworth for 8 years, and still have friends that live in Rogue's Hollow. This looks like an event that I should make every effort to attend.

Knight2000: I might be able to get some ammo cans for $5 or less, I will check the store ASAP.

Great! Do you know if they are .50 cal or .30 cal? I used to get the .50 cal for $5 and the .30 cal for $4.

We'd be glad to have you! :)

Just want to make a side note to Knights presentation. This is an awesome area to cache in as the area is far off the beaten path and has an enourmous amount of history. Knight we can talk, but I would like to donate some stuff. I have some coins and a .30 cal box you can have. Also, spoke with Blue Goose and he can pick up ammo cans at some army surplus for around $5 in the akron area.