Replacing Log Etiquette

richardl94549

I found my first NANO today!!!!! It was so cute but since the 19th of July I gather the log has been full. I ride by this cache almost every day on my bike commute to work and I made a new little log to replace the full one. I don't know the etiquette though. Am I allowed to change the log or is only the cache owner allowed to. If I am allowed, what do I do with the full log?

TIA and I love this "sport." I bike around all over the place and had no idea all these caches were everywhere :)

r

I found my first NANO today!!!!! It was so cute but since the 19th of July I gather the log has been full. I ride by this cache almost every day on my bike commute to work and I made a new little log to replace the full one. I don't know the etiquette though. Am I allowed to change the log or is only the cache owner allowed to. If I am allowed, what do I do with the full log?

TIA and I love this "sport." I bike around all over the place and had no idea all these caches were everywhere :)

r

Contact the owner and offer your assistance. Maybe they would like you to save or give them the full log. They probably don't care to recover the log but check first. I'll bet they would appreciate your help.

I've had to replace the whole log along with the container once. I have the old log that was out of the container, wet and covered with mud. Most of the pages were stuck together (spiral wound note pad), but some of it is readable. I have emailed the CO, but have not heard from him (her) Just keeping it in case I hear. Am willing to mail it but don't know where. Should I email again?

Contact the owner and offer your assistance.

Ditto.

Send the CO a quick message.

More than likely they will appreciate you helping them out with maintenance.

Plus, no need for the NM note then.

I carry a few basic repair items with me, including nano magnets (because I dropped one into a pile of mulch once) a cloth to wipe out wet containers and replacement log rolls for nanos. I've replace 2 nano logs now. Each time in my "found-it" log I mention that I replaced a full log and offer the CO to PM me within a week and I will return the full log. After that time I dispose of it. Basically, if I can improve the cache and save the CO a trip out. I do it. Kind of figured its my way of saying TFTH in a more meaningful way.

I carry a few basic repair items with me, including nano magnets (because I dropped one into a pile of mulch once) a cloth to wipe out wet containers and replacement log rolls for nanos. I've replace 2 nano logs now. Each time in my "found-it" log I mention that I replaced a full log and offer the CO to PM me within a week and I will return the full log. After that time I dispose of it. Basically, if I can improve the cache and save the CO a trip out. I do it. Kind of figured its my way of saying TFTH in a more meaningful way.

Where do you get the nano logs??/

Edited by txgirl45