Forums Slowing Down Again

knowschad

I seem to be noticing increasing issues with the forum software timing out once again. This was fixed a few months ago by adding an index, but I'm seeing similar behavior once again, it seems. Could that index have been dropped somehow, perhaps?

As for me, I would rather see the forums slow or what ever time outs..... Rather than the geocaching.com site be presenting these really slow responses or no responses and PQ and Route request issues.

To me, those incidents have a much more negative impact.

I seem to be noticing increasing issues with the forum software timing out once again. This was fixed a few months ago by adding an index, but I'm seeing similar behavior once again, it seems. Could that index have been dropped somehow, perhaps?

As for me, I would rather see the forums slow or what ever time outs..... Rather than the geocaching.com site be presenting these really slow responses or no responses and PQ and Route request issues.

I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Neither do I. But if we're going to be asking for unrelated things, I'd rather see me win the lottery than have the forums fixed.

Who's the lackey whom we wanted to elevate to sainthood for fixing the forums the last time? Maybe this is punishment for not following through.

I say we blame the current slowdown on bell_dingers.

Neither do I. But if we're going to be asking for unrelated things, I'd rather see me win the lottery than have the forums fixed.

Who's the lackey whom we wanted to elevate to sainthood for fixing the forums the last time? Maybe this is punishment for not following through.

I say we blame the current slowdown on bell_dingers.

OMG. The forums have been bell dingered. :):D:P:P

I was going to reply to this thread earlier but it timed out on me 3 times.......

'nuff said.

What one has to do with the other is:

That if we presume that some day human resources will be allocated to correct these issues, and that there might not be an excess of human resources available at any give point in time, then, from my perspective, I'd much rather see the geocaching.com 'Sunday Event' and most others there as a matter of fact, corrected before those human resources were diverted to things such as forum performance issues.

Now if there are resources that can focus on both issues to resolution in parallel, then so much the better.

Improvment is the goal as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Team Cotati

That if we presume that some day human resources will be allocated to correct these issues, and that there might not be an excess of human resources available at any give point in time, then, from my perspective, I'd much rather see the geocaching.com 'Sunday Event' and most others there as a matter of fact, corrected before those human resources were diverted to things such as forum performance issues.

Now if there are resources that can focus on both issues to resolution in parallel, then so much the better.

You don't seriously entertain the notion that our forum postings amount to a vote on how Groundspeak will use their available resources, do you?

You don't seriously entertain the notion that our forum postings amount to a vote on how Groundspeak will use their available resources, do you?

Well geeze, I don't know about that. But I do know that you seemed puzzled wrt what one thing had to do with another. I provided my input on that puzzlement.

And you might be correct. Lord knows that we wouldn't want users to influence issue resolution in any meaningful way.

Edited by Team Cotati

Well geeze, I don't know about that. But I do know that you seemed puzzled wrt what one thing had to do with another. I provided my input on that puzzlement.

And you might be correct. Lord knows that we wouldn't want users to influence issue resoultion an any meaningful way.

Given that the forums were down for a couple of hours tonight, I'm guessing that my dropped index guess may have been right on the money. Either that, or my vote weighs more heavily than yours. :)