Olympic Peninsula

Nerves

Alrighty folks...I'm heading back to the great PNW for another visit. I'm starting out from the Bremerton area and since I used to work at Kalaloch I'll be heading that way to stay for for a couple days to do some hiking. I'll be with non-cachers so my caching time will be limited - unfortunately! I know that there are no caches in the park but I would appreciate your input on which caches are your favorites or that you think are "must do this ones" along my route to these areas:

Bremerton (already have Dr. Who's Sibling bookmarked)

Port Townsend

Sol Duc

Forks

Kalaloch

I did see the Sequim topic and am watching that.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Nerves

Alrighty folks...I'm heading back to the great PNW for another visit. I'm starting out from the Bremerton area and since I used to work at Kalaloch I'll be heading that way to stay for for a couple days to do some hiking. I'll be with non-cachers so my caching time will be limited - unfortunately! I know that there are no caches in the park but I would appreciate your input on which caches are your favorites or that you think are "must do this ones" along my route to these areas:

Port Townsend

Sol Duc

Forks

Kalaloch

Thanks in advance!

Since you will have non-cachers with you, and the weather is good, I would recommend a virtual "High on a Windy Hill" and the Earth Cache on Hurricane Ridge out of Port Angeles. Right now the weather report is calling for wet and windy conditions. They would also enjoy another virtual "The Troll" near Sequim. Dick, W7WT

...Forks...

If you can tolerate a bit of shameless self-promotion, my Twilight cache in Forks has grown to be quite popular (27 watchers) since it was placed back in March.

This cache is based on the Twilight Book Series (and now movie series) that is set in Forks. In case you have not been to Forks lately, the whole town has gone Twilight crazy. If you or any of your companions are at all a fan or these books or movies, this would be a must-do cache in the Forks/La Push area.

Edited by Blue Power Ranger

...Forks...

If you can tolerate a bit of shameless self-promotion, my Twilight cache in Forks has grown to be quite popular (27 watchers) since it was placed back in May.

This cache is based on the Twilight Book Series (and now movie series) that is set in Forks. In case you have not been to Forks lately, the whole town has gone Twilight crazy. If you or any of your companions are at all a fan or these books or movies, this would be a must-do cache in the Forks/La Push area.

I looked this one up before and was intrigued. If we have time we'll go for it!

Thanks

Port Townsend

Sol Duc

Forks

Kalaloch

Thanks in advance!

You say you want to do some hiking, so something that would interest your non-caching friends would be cache landing at tullis canyon its about a 3.5 mile one way hike with moderate elevation gain for the first 3 miles then the last .5 mile or so you gain about 500'.

The earth cache on Hurricane Ridge is GC1WW3N and Allanon corrected me To Trollville and gave the GC no. for it. I bet the wind at "High on a Windy Hill" is living up to its name today. I bet the peak gusts are in excess of 40 to 50 mph. You probably know but Dr. Who's Sibling is on Bainbridge Island. Only about 5 miles from our home here in Bremerton, but about 4 times that by road. Dick, W7WT

here's a few more to consider

Point Wilson Lighthouse (near Port Townsend)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d8-e3cabce72718

Sitka Surprise (near Quinault Lake)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...86-d21a9dd91402

Rocky Brook Falls (near Dosewallips)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...92-3e44eb6ac492

Edited by robdogg

If you're coming on to Bainbridge to do Dr. Who's Sibling, you might as well try GC1375B "Full of Hot Air". Same cache owner as Dr. Who's Sibling and even the non-cachers in your group should find it very amusing.

Thanks - bookmarked on my "To Do" list.

Unfortunately, plans have changed. My friend came down with the flu so the trip to ONP was scratched until next year. I'll be mainly in the Bremerton area so any caches you can recommend around there or Port Townsend will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks~

Unfortunately, plans have changed. My friend came down with the flu so the trip to ONP was scratched until next year. I'll be mainly in the Bremerton area so any caches you can recommend around there or Port Townsend will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks~

When will you be here? There is loads of enjoyable caches in the Kitsap County area. and around Port Townsend.

If you like hiking, the Hansville Trail System and also the Port Gamble trail system has a lot of nice caches.

Difficult for me to think of any that haven't already been mentioned. Dick

I just thought I would check and see if anyone has done it already so I don't have to duplicate efforts. (Just like the Bookmark list I made that is in my signature for people to know some of the cache hikes they can use to prepare to hike Mt. St. Helens. AKA Above the Clouds cache).

Wow! Thorougly enjoyed Trollville...what a quirky place. LOL. Even my non-caching friend liked it. Also stopped at Point Wilson Lighthouse and dropped a cool horseshoe geocoin there for anyone in the area.

Won't make it to Groundspeak HQ as they only allow visits at 2 pm on Fridays. Hope to get to Dr. Who's Sibling and Full of Hot Air and maybe Kubota Gardens. I have to pick and choose so my friends don't get bored... :P

I just want to thank all of you for your wonderful suggestions. I did many of the caches you recommended including Full of Hot Air (wow!), Dr. Who's Sibling (so clever!), Trollville (quirky as can be), Kubota Gardens, and many others that were memorable.

Hope to be there next year!

I just want to thank all of you for your wonderful suggestions. I did many of the caches you recommended including Full of Hot Air (wow!), Dr. Who's Sibling (so clever!), Trollville (quirky as can be), Kubota Gardens, and many others that were memorable.

Hope to be there next year!

Glad you and your friends enjoyed your visit! A few of the suggested caches I haven't done yet, so now I have them on my list, too. Hope to meet you next time you're up this way.