New Central Australian Coin now on Pre Sale

gibbo003

Coin Contest

A LE version of our new Uluru-Kata Tjuta Geocoin (that will not be sold on pre sale) has been hidden somewhere on Ayres Rock Northern Territory, Australia.

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

To win the coin all you will have to do is post the coordinates of were you think the coin is hidden.

Only one post per geocaching team please.

This competition is open to all and will run until the pre sale starts on Coins&Pins later this month.

I will select the closest answer and announce the result.

The coin will be posted to the winner as soon as they arrive from Coins and Pins.

Please submit all coordinates in this format (sample only) S25 20.706 E131 2.184

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Edited by gibbo003

Coin Contest

A LE version of our new Uluru-Kata Tjuta Geocoin (that will not be sold on pre sale) has been hidden somewhere on Ayres Rock Northern Territory, Australia.

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

To win the coin all you will have to do is post the coordinates of were you think the coin is hidden.

This competition is open to all and will run until the pre sale starts on Coins&Pins later this month.

The coin will be posted to the winner as soon as they arrive from Coins and Pins.

Please submit all coordinates in this format (sample only) S25 20.706 E131 2.184

Edited by gibbo003

Coin Contest

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

OK, I guess I'm not getting this cointest. :) Am I supposed to be able to see the coin such as in WSR's picture cointests from a while back? Do I look at Google Earth (which doesn't work so well on my computer)? How does Droo (other than looking at Fudley's coordinates) know where Fudly chose? Is there a map or picture with all of the pushpin locations already chosen? Where is the - to quote Droo - " exploration and the incredibly sharp images"? I'm finding no link or anything! Help! ;)

CF30

OK, I guess I'm not getting this cointest. :) Am I supposed to be able to see the coin such as in WSR's picture cointests from a while back? Do I look at Google Earth (which doesn't work so well on my computer)? How does Droo (other than looking at Fudley's coordinates) know where Fudly chose? Is there a map or picture with all of the pushpin locations already chosen? Where is the - to quote Droo - " exploration and the incredibly sharp images"? I'm finding no link or anything! Help! ;)

CF30

All you need to do is select a spot on the rock. The pins are were others have selected. You will not be able to see the coin as the rock is very big and the coin is still being made. Hope this helps. good luck and Cheers gibbo003

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

Edited by gibbo003

CF30

The exploration is done on Google Earth. The graphic is crystal clear and you can see individual PEOPLE walking to the rock!!! That's bloody amazing!! So tilting and "flying" around until you find a location suitable to hide a coin makes for fun exploring and virtual viewing of this colossus. But if you can't get GE to work on your rig, as I could not on my old PC, then you're playing blind.

You could view the rock on Google Maps online but there is no way to get the latlon coordinates necessary to stake your claim. Unless you know someone real nice who'd get you the coordinates if you sent them a pic of where you want to mark your spot.

Yes, by entering other people's coordinates you can see on what features they're hanging their hopes.

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

Edited by gibbo003

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

Edited by gibbo003

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

Edited by gibbo003

Ayres%20Rock.jpg

As the Aboriginal people aren't too fond of whities climbing on their sacred ground, I will put my marker at the base of the rock amongst the scrub and little rocks for cover B)

S25 20.261 E131 1.995

This has actually been in my minds for days now. Even if the placement is virtual (which I think is well within my understanding of this cointest,) I would think that just off the rock would be most appropriate.

My guess? S 25 20.560 E 131 3.045

Edited to add "." And I guess I'm not sure about the formatting of the coords. I used the coords that Google Earth said the "pointer" was at.

Edited by ATMouse

As the Aboriginal people aren't too fond of whities climbing on their sacred ground, I will put my marker at the base of the rock amongst the scrub and little rocks for cover B)

S25 20.261 E131 1.995

This has actually been in my minds for days now. Even if the placement is virtual (which I think is well within my understanding of this cointest,) I would think that just off the rock would be most appropriate.

My guess? S 25 20560 E 131 0304

Sorry your coord's seem a little odd on this one, also as the climb is only virtual and I have hidden the coin virtually you will need to virtually climb the rock to find the coin. Please have a second go. Cheers gibbo003

Edited by gibbo003

S25 20.261 E131 1.995

Sorry your coord's seem a little odd on this one, also as the climb is only virtual and I have hidden the coin virtually you will need to climb the rock to find the coin. Please have a second go. Cheers gibbo003

Yup...I was afraid of this. I picked a spot near the base of the rock and copied the coords at the bottom of Googel Earth where the pointer was reported. Let me go see if I can figure this out...

As the Aboriginal people aren't too fond of whities climbing on their sacred ground, I will put my marker at the base of the rock amongst the scrub and little rocks for cover ;)

S25 20.261 E131 1.995

Sorry your coord's seem a little odd on this one, also as the climb is only virtual and I have hidden the coin virtually you will need to climb the rock to find the coin. Please have a second go. Cheers gibbo003

Doh! That means i've lost out on my chance of a special coin! B) (...and here was me thinking I was being smart and cunning B) )

Edited by Cheesy pigs