Finally... We reached 100 caches! =)

JPWAVE

Finally, we reached 100 caches!! Woo-hoo!! I know, I know...most of you experienced geocachers are saying "Big deal, I got thousands" but for us, tonight is a night to celebrate!! As soon as our little baby girl falls asleep, we're breaking out the booze and celebrating!! Today, we earned our 100th geocache by attempting our first multi-cache which turned out to be a lot of fun. Well, we just had to send this shout out to the geocaching community and we look forward to discovering MANY more of your hidden caches!! :D Thank you to everyone out there!! :lol: Woo-hooooo!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...57-18bcd6aa600d

Today, we earned our 100th geocache by attempting our first multi-cache which turned out to be a lot of fun.

Good for you! I did the same thing for my 100th cache: Found my first multi which also happened to be one of the first non-urban caches I looked for (Newport Back Bay). I celebrated by going back with a couple of trash bags and "trashing out" one of the waypoints, so I got my first exposure to a multi and CITO at the same time.

And it really made me feel as if I had accomplished something. It sounds like you had a similar experience and I'm happy for you.

Pete

Congrats on 100, were not hundreds over that so we still know the feeling. We jaut reciently did 200- we save it for a special event. It was a 9-9-9 event, we did sorta the same with 100, we saved it for a special hike (trail). We want to make all the milestone something specific, give it a nice feeling.

Congrats on your milestone. Choosing a "special cache" for a milestone find is a part of the game I enjoy. I also chose a multi (5 stages) for my 100th find. For #500 I chose a "paddle cache" and a very old cache (GC39) for #900. I logged an Event cache on 09-09-09 as my 909th find. I'm working toward #1000 now but haven't picked out a specific cache for it. Around here local geocachers put out a 1000th find Golden Ammo Can in recognition of the 1000th find milestone so I suspect that's what I'll find.