My first "found it"

mitey1

Geo caching is something I've been wanting to do for a while. Today was the first day I had a chance to get out and go.

Jotted down coordinates for 6 caches. Took the TomTom XL. Not the best GPS but if you look at the walking view it shows L and L. We didn't find the first 3. Took a friend with and he actually found the 4th cache we looked for. How fun! So we went back and finally found the 3rd cache. Only one guy gave us a weird stare. Both caches were located by busy commercial areas. Was a little apprehensive about that. Now I know what muggles are and will avoid them at all costs.

Anyway, logged 2 "found its" out of 5 and it took so long that we decided not to hike into the woods to the 6th location.

Can't wait to go back and try to find the 3 we missed!

Anyway, logged 2 "found its" out of 5 and it took so long that we decided not to hike into the woods to the 6th location.

Can't wait to go back and try to find the 3 we missed!

I just started this sport too, and I was excited to find my first! Especially since I had no idea what a cache would look like.

I remember an early one. I searched and searched. GPS was pretty stable, but no cache. Then I looked up, and there it was! Hung on a branch over my head AND OBVIOUS!

Have fun.

Steve.