stationary coins

Lidea

I can't believe this is a new topic, but i cannot find one similar.

What are the options concerning geocoins which are found, logged, but then do not move? I started one over 6 months ago, it was immediatedly picked up, moved a short distance, then was picked up again right away and has not moved since 6 months ago. I have emailed the member about it, asking for some word. Is there something else i can do? Would it be ok to write a note to the coin log? Anything else?

I can't believe this is a new topic, but i cannot find one similar.

What are the options concerning geocoins which are found, logged, but then do not move? I started one over 6 months ago, it was immediatedly picked up, moved a short distance, then was picked up again right away and has not moved since 6 months ago. I have emailed the member about it, asking for some word. Is there something else i can do? Would it be ok to write a note to the coin log? Anything else?

If you mean that it's listed in a Cache, and has not moved in 6 months...it's probably been stolen

i know you must be dissapointed that your only geocoin isn't traveling as you hoped it would. don't get discouraged. it seems the geocacher that has your geocoin has not been doing any geocaching in many months, although they still log onto the website as recently as a month ago. sadly, there isn't much you can do about the situation. you have already emailed them. you could write a note on the geocoin page, but if the geocacher does not reply to your direct emails, they probably won't, or can't, reply to the geocoin update emails. i wouldn't assume that the geocoin has been "stolen" since a thief doesn't usually leave a calling card. there may be other reasons why this person or persons cannot cache. illness, injury, technical internet issues, loss of interest in the sport, there could be many reasons. you are not the 1st person with this situation, and it must seem like placing a geocoin in a cache is pointless, but keep hope alive. you just never know what can happen with a geocoin or travel bug. :)

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

Not exactly. It was retrieved by a member who logged it in, saying they would be moving it soon, but haven't. I have the name of the member and have emailed them about it, but have received no reply from them.

It looks like they picked up several coins and apparently was planing on taking them on a trip.

I'm not sure how long it's been since you sent your email but wait a few weeks and try again. Be very polite and ask them if they will have a chance to place your coin into another cache. Offer your assistance like finding a local cacher to take it off thier hands or mail it back to you.

Then just wait. You never know what might be going on in that person's life right now. Just be patient.

I have a coin that's been held for over a month now. I've emailed with no response also. You can look at the cacher's profile to find out a little about them. Unfortunately, sometimes new cacher's find a coin and the stop caching and the coin gets stuck with them. Or sometimes circumstances of life get in the way for awhile. There's stories here where coins have disappeared and/or have been held and resurface again. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!

I wouldn't lose hope on this one...it looks like thay had a bunch of finds in Feb. and Mar. and reading the log where they grabbed the coin...they are using the iPhone. Maybe they were just experimenting and have lost interest? Hopefully they will give it another go after a while. I another option is that they dropped the coin already, ,but didn't do it right online...it looks like that made a mistake logging another TB too?

Either it will turn up or it won't. I've had a travel bug go missing for a year, then had a cacher email me an "Oops" note saying he found it in the bottom of his bag and moved it along. On the other hand, of the five coins I have released in the wild, one was obviously stolen, another probably so, and another was in a cache that got muggled. Granted the sample size is small, but a 60% failure rate flat out sucks. I have a lot of coins that I had plans on releasing, but I am now of a mind I will just keep 'em for myself instead of funding thieves' collections. It is very sad that it has come to this...